• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DTT Pan Off Kit

Hey guys for the first time since ive owned my Dodge im flushing the trans fluid, filter change, and adding a ATS deep pan, while in there a good friend of mine mentioned a small upgrade kit that we found called the DTT Pan Off Upgrade Kit part number DTTPOSTG2960347VR. Was curious if anybody has any intel on if it helps or is worth it or should I just install a Shift kit

Idk if you guys looked at the kit but for $465 it comes with 

• DTT Billet Servo
  • DTT Billet Accumulator
  • DTT Valve Body Calibration Kit
  • DTT Voltage Regulator
  • DTT Billet Band Strut
  • DTT Billet Band Anchor

also at replacing the governor soloniod while in there. 

DTT uses a TCS servo, accumulator piston, strut and anchor...same as I (and many others) do. I have not had good experiences with their voltage regulator, and there are far better ways to deal with the excessive governor pressure code that can set in the 24 valve 2nd Gen trucks when raising line pressure. Just my opinion...

Also my opinion: a custom valve body gives you the best of all worlds. You don't have to make compromises like you do with a "shift kit" or "recalibration kit" of some kind. I can see a few compromises that would have to be made with the components shown in their picture.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Dynamic do you have a website or a kit that you would reccomend? I have no real trans issues I’m just replacing fluids and filter so figured while in there help it out a little bit. I’m not pushing a ton of power but definitely more than stock. 

My website is www.dynamictransparts.com.

If I were going in there, I would replace the servo, accumulator piston, strut and anchor, like you referred to, as well as the pan itself. I would also install a Borg Warner HD governor solenoid and a new transducer as preventative maintenance of sorts. If you aren't up for a full custom valve body, which would be my recommendation for best performance and functionality, I would install a Superior Shift Correction Kit, with a few specific deviations from their instructions. This would definitely be my second choice, but the Superior kit is far better than the Transgo in the 4-speed Dodges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Dynamic so either the superior shift correction kit, or replace those individual parts you mentioned? Which would be better longevity wise and won’t hurt the pocket book to badly. I’m mechanically inclined and my brother in law is a ford certified mechanic so we should be able to figure most of it out. 

@Dynamic I ordered the superior shift kit, and I found all the parts you listed on your website and plan to order on my payday, is there a pan you recommend or a pan I should stay away from? I don’t tow to often maybe 3-4 times a year will I tow my 5th wheel other than that i pull a small box trailer around with dirt bikes. 

21 hours ago, KBecker443 said:

@Dynamic so either the superior shift correction kit, or replace those individual parts you mentioned? Which would be better longevity wise and won’t hurt the pocket book to badly. I’m mechanically inclined and my brother in law is a ford certified mechanic so we should be able to figure most of it out. 

@Dynamic I ordered the superior shift kit, and I found all the parts you listed on your website and plan to order on my payday, is there a pan you recommend or a pan I should stay away from? I don’t tow to often maybe 3-4 times a year will I tow my 5th wheel other than that i pull a small box trailer around with dirt bikes. 

You'll need the Superior kit and also the other parts I listed.

Just get any decent quality aluminum pan. Mag-Hytek is a very good pan, but spendy. B&M actually makes a pretty nice pan that I've used a fair bit, and won't break the bank. You can order those from Summit racing. Just stay away from the Derale steel pans. Not a good product, in my opinion...

Even if you only tow once a year, you need to build the transmission for the task...