• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Timing Max Value

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

This post is focused more so towards @Me78569 ...

I need to find an answer to a value here. In the timing EQ sliders the max timing value. I've found out you can limit your reach of the cruise timing with this value. Now does it limit the reach of the performance timing too? I need to know the reach of this value and what it caps out.

• Owner

Still missing my question. If I have my max set for 25* I noticed it will cancel the cruise timing if timing rises above 25*. That's fine. Now if the performance timing rises above 25* will it cap out or will it continue with what is programmed? 

Again what does the MAX timing slider control? What does it cap out? 

The VP 44 replies back with a timing provided message.  If it cannot meet what was asked of it you get a p0216 code.

Timing limit in the VP is mechanical from 0-30*

The VP is a slave device, it does not limit fuel or timing based on internally programming.  You can command full advance at idle and you can hear the change as it advances.  I have also data logged differences between 25* vs 30* at wot.

The only program limit we have is 2^12 structure of the message that moves between the ecm and VP.  

• Like 1