• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I can see!!!

• Owner

Finally after 10 plus years I went in and got new glasses. My old glasses where giving me random headaches and struggled to read road signs and some days even the computer screen. 

Nice part is this is the first time with polycarbonate lens. Wow! Much lighter on my nose.

So here is my at home desk glasses. Geek stylin'

15279766203131430594055.jpg

Now my driving glasses and clip on polarized shades. I've got a wide range of vision so the larger lens really help with driving.1527976671215465782250.jpg

1527976699629924790044.jpg

• Staff
56 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Geek stylin'

Could-a been worse.....

thFSHJ2X9T.jpg.04c80e015e1e14d8f64462d9277e1477.jpg 

LOL ….. Glad you can see now.

• Haha 2

Judging by the refraction see you must be blind as a bat without them!! I used to have worse than 20/400 uncorrected before Lasik surgery so I have an idea about the heavy glass lenses. Lasik has been great for me.

Ok I am amazed the your facial expression is identical in the pictures along with your hair and most of the wrinkles in your shirt. I think aliens are involved.

Watch those poly lenses they scratch very easily.

The first pair I got I let the guy talk me into them. They scratched pretty easy. The second pair I paid for scratch coat. Only thing is they coat it before they grind  the prescription so only one side is coated. I always try to rinse them good before wiping them with any thing. Not always possible on the job though so mine get scratched up pretty quick. But with the cost of glasses coming down I can 2 pair of bifocals for about $225 and they last me about a year a half may 2 years. Some that depends on how many times you slam the hood of the on them. 

I understand the weight difference in the lenses, but I have been wearing glasses lenses since I was 6 years old and I never thought the glass lenses were heavy. Just got used to wearing them.

• Like 1

• Owner

Same here I've been wearing glass lens for so many years that glass does bother me one bit. I've been wearing glasses since 11 years old. I've even tried contacts and hated them. Always got dirty hands and digging in your eyes sucked. Back to glasses I went. Yeah, your right for two pairs is about $200 what I paid for my two. I will admit glass holds up the best from what I know. I figured for the price I'd give the poly a shot and see how they hold up. Next set will most likely be bifocals being my close range is getting rather thin. Dang I hate standing in the store and holding a box or can in your hand arm length to read the damn thing. I don't wanna get old!  

• Like 1

• Owner
24 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

So those clip on shades... any help with some of the new headlights on cars that are way to bright imo.

Polarized lens, YES. There is a clip on yellow for night driver that really helps too. Get them at Walmart or any drug store typically.

2 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Vanity is a *****.....

OMG... Really? Just get over it and get your eyes checked and slap those lenses on you'll be much happier. I'm glad I got my eyes check my prescription changed ever so slightly but the new lens really does take the strain off the eyes. Between hours of computer and mobile phone work and all the driving, I was getting eye strain rather bad with a 10-year old prescription.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

OMG... Really? Just get over it and get your eyes checked and slap those lenses on you'll be much happier. I'm glad I got my eyes check my prescription changed ever so slightly but the new lens really does take the strain off the eyes. Between hours of computer and mobile phone work and all the driving, I was getting eye strain rather bad with a 10-year old prescription.

Dont be so judgemental...  We all have our own ways of denying the fact that time is creeping up on us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I still have fun poking at ya. :poke:

I'm not judgmental... Naw. Just love to pick on people and give them a bad time. I'm not perfect by any means.  :kick:

Oh I know you were just poking...  I wasnt serious or offended either.  We're all getting old and making light of it with others getting old too sorta makes it less crappy. :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I still feel like I'm 25 to 35 years old. But really I'm heading towards 48 years old this year. Oh well. I've not found a way to grab the minute hand and push it back. 

48???? Geez I wish. 48 was 14 years ago! Gettin' old ain't for sissies...........

• Haha 1