• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Arachnid

trreed

@Quadzilla Power @Quadzilla_Stephen I have a buddy with a 7.3 interested in the re-release of the Arachnid.  Problem is, he's seen my V2 tuning capabilities.  He is curious if there is the possibility to create a similar environment to the V2 where he can adjust his own tunes.  

Not knowing how the PCM communicates with the Arachnid, Hydra, TS chip, etc, is there a possibility of something similar to V2?  My guess is he will be stuck with custom tunes that are emailed to him.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Another question about the Arachnid.  Pardon my ignorance about 7.3s, but I might have picked up a '96 model and want to try this out, and know nothing yet.  Is there a list of tunes per switch setting floating around? I'm curious because a friend of mine is pushing the Hydra, but I really like my Adrenaline.

Edited by trreed

@trreed We don't have a published list of the tune settings for every PCM code, but for the TDE1 which is compatible with all OBS 7.3L automatics, the tune list is as follows: 

TDE1 - VCAB0_02 Tune List

1. Stock
2. 1100RPM  High Idle
3. Whisper Mode
4. 40HP Towing
5. 50HP Towing+
6. 65HP Daily Driving
7. Performance (roughly 100HP if your vehicle supports it)
8. BeastMode Race (up to 120HP if your vehicle supports it)

There are some really cool things going on with the hydra, its got a nice digital display to tell you which tune you are on. It can hold up to 16 tunes and if you don't have all the tune settings programmed it will skip the  ones that aren't. The last tune is always a no start tune for security. The drawback is the price. 

Right now you can get one for $325. 

The Arachnid comes pre-programmed and is currently less than $200 as part of our introductory price.