• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector upgrade options

Looking to upgrade over the rv275's that are in the truck currently if possible, not sure if I have the proper supporting mods to use upgraded injectors if I do. 

So heres the list,

-quadzilla xzt 

-fass 95

-bhaf 

-4" turbo back

-hx35 w/ ww2 (don't waste money on this wheel)

-3 piece manifold

would I be safe upgrading to 50 or 75hp injectors? Or would it be a safer bet just to stay where I'm at? I'm only looking to upgrade because what I have now are starting to haze. 

Edited by Towrigdually

19 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

Ya go with a set of dap 7x.0085s or 75 hp would be best or 7x.009 or 100s if I'm correct @Mopar1973Man

How heavy u towing and how often say 20k every day or what 

Pulling under 10k 70% of the time,   Remainder is 15k or better. Majority of pulling loads are done on the weekend. 

Funny you mention ww2 is that from turbo lab, I was considering it but after some more reviews decided to have http://www.northamericanturbo.com  built me a 62/67/12 it does what I need. And with quad v2 I could use some 150 -200 hp injectors and tune accordingly, I'm not sure about xzt. If you don't want to change anything but injectors I would go with 60 or 75hp no bigger. I believe mods you have should be fine for smaller injectors.

Edit : I have a set of 60hp from dap with about 10k on them I'll sell them for 1/2 of what dap does if you're interested, I have new washers and orings for them too. I got 75hp from them now but thinking about getting 150s. PM me if you want. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

• Owner

Like I'm running a +75HP (7 x 0.0085) VCO injectors, HX35/40 hybrid turbo (60/60/12), with the Quadzilla Adrenaline. In level 3 (CANBus Only) I can hold the throttle to the floor and never reach 1,200*F EGT's. Towing I can reach it but takes a while to get hot. Now wiretap level 4th gear gets stupid it's possible to break the rear tires loose. 

8 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Funny you mention ww2 is that from turbo lab, I was considering it but after some more reviews decided to have http://www.northamericanturbo.com  built me a 62/67/12 it does what I need. And with quad v2 I could use some 150 -200 hp injectors and tune accordingly, I'm not sure about xzt. If you don't want to change anything but injectors I would go with 60 or 75hp no bigger. I believe mods you have should be fine for smaller injectors.

Edit : I have a set of 60hp from dap with about 10k on them I'll sell them for 1/2 of what dap does if you're interested, I have new washers and orings for them too. I got 75hp from them now but thinking about getting 150s. PM me if you want. 

I'm not exactly sure where I bought the wheel from anymore but it might be. I figured I'd be limited but I'm ok with it, on this vehicle atleast. Atleast I have the option to move up to the next size. 

And i might take you up on those, currently doing my research now about what route I wanna take with this. 

With my lower power number, and no rush to grow or upgrade anytime soon. Does the group agree I'd most likely be better off with a SAC type injector? 

Edited by Towrigdually

17 minutes ago, Towrigdually said:

With my lower power number, and no rush to grow or upgrade anytime soon. Does the group agree I'd most likely be better off with a SAC type injector? 

I'd have to see if I can figure out what I have, sac or vso. I'll take a picture later on and post it. But knowing what I know now I would also go with vco.