• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Posted (edited)

Looking to upgrade over the rv275's that are in the truck currently if possible, not sure if I have the proper supporting mods to use upgraded injectors if I do. 

So heres the list,

-quadzilla xzt 

-fass 95

-bhaf 

-4" turbo back

-hx35 w/ ww2 (don't waste money on this wheel)

-3 piece manifold

would I be safe upgrading to 50 or 75hp injectors? Or would it be a safer bet just to stay where I'm at? I'm only looking to upgrade because what I have now are starting to haze. 

Edited by Towrigdually

Posted (edited)

Ya go with a set of dap 7x.0085s or 75 hp would be best or 7x.009 or 100s if I'm correct @Mopar1973Man

How heavy u towing and how often say 20k every day or what 

Edited by Silverdodge

19 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

Ya go with a set of dap 7x.0085s or 75 hp would be best or 7x.009 or 100s if I'm correct @Mopar1973Man

How heavy u towing and how often say 20k every day or what 

Pulling under 10k 70% of the time,   Remainder is 15k or better. Majority of pulling loads are done on the weekend. 

Posted (edited)

Funny you mention ww2 is that from turbo lab, I was considering it but after some more reviews decided to have http://www.northamericanturbo.com  built me a 62/67/12 it does what I need. And with quad v2 I could use some 150 -200 hp injectors and tune accordingly, I'm not sure about xzt. If you don't want to change anything but injectors I would go with 60 or 75hp no bigger. I believe mods you have should be fine for smaller injectors.

Edit : I have a set of 60hp from dap with about 10k on them I'll sell them for 1/2 of what dap does if you're interested, I have new washers and orings for them too. I got 75hp from them now but thinking about getting 150s. PM me if you want. 

Edited by Dieselfuture

Like I'm running a +75HP (7 x 0.0085) VCO injectors, HX35/40 hybrid turbo (60/60/12), with the Quadzilla Adrenaline. In level 3 (CANBus Only) I can hold the throttle to the floor and never reach 1,200*F EGT's. Towing I can reach it but takes a while to get hot. Now wiretap level 4th gear gets stupid it's possible to break the rear tires loose. 

doe RV275 have numbers like this. and are these numbers 7 holes with a .oo9 in hole diameter?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Funny you mention ww2 is that from turbo lab, I was considering it but after some more reviews decided to have http://www.northamericanturbo.com  built me a 62/67/12 it does what I need. And with quad v2 I could use some 150 -200 hp injectors and tune accordingly, I'm not sure about xzt. If you don't want to change anything but injectors I would go with 60 or 75hp no bigger. I believe mods you have should be fine for smaller injectors.

Edit : I have a set of 60hp from dap with about 10k on them I'll sell them for 1/2 of what dap does if you're interested, I have new washers and orings for them too. I got 75hp from them now but thinking about getting 150s. PM me if you want. 

I'm not exactly sure where I bought the wheel from anymore but it might be. I figured I'd be limited but I'm ok with it, on this vehicle atleast. Atleast I have the option to move up to the next size. 

And i might take you up on those, currently doing my research now about what route I wanna take with this. 

With my lower power number, and no rush to grow or upgrade anytime soon. Does the group agree I'd most likely be better off with a SAC type injector? 

Edited by Towrigdually

17 minutes ago, Towrigdually said:

With my lower power number, and no rush to grow or upgrade anytime soon. Does the group agree I'd most likely be better off with a SAC type injector? 

I'd have to see if I can figure out what I have, sac or vso. I'll take a picture later on and post it. But knowing what I know now I would also go with vco. 

I'm not even sure how to tell but here are few pictures bag is old that my 75hp came in, I wrote 60hp before I forgot. 20180607_162033.jpg.d4d48e726266f4ffab1a841f6c1ca19c.jpg20180607_162315.jpg.3a1e71735f45156f798a7aca8b3e266b.jpg20180607_162211.jpg.9422dd0d771f6aed507ac16e04725b24.jpg

10 hours ago, Me78569 said:

rv275s would be like 7 x .008 I think.  

7 x 0.007 I think is closer. 

Stock is 7 x 0.0063 if I remember the size correctly. 

7x 0.0085 is +75 HP injector.