• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Control center rat trap on top

Yep I put a Rat trap on top of my control center/ fuse box under the hood and caught one damn rat so far thats been pissing and shitting on my engine

I have had to resort to leaving my hood open on my truck there are nest in there all the time. not the best solution a get rust on some of the metal part and I live in the desert. but better than eating up the computer wiring.

• Owner

Typically I keep my trucks in the garage. Then the main house here has an ultrasonic box point in the direction of the truck. Animals need a place to sleep at night but if there is constant noise they move on. The ultrasonic box I've got has quiet mode which is true ultrasonic and the noise mode that even you can hear which can be pretty loud. Typically leave them on ultrasonic. If I find signs then I step up to the low volume mix. Still seeing signs I go for the loud setting. Typically they move on. 

I hate using traps because you're baiting others animals into the bait. Poison works again baiting into the area again. Old school pellet bait seems to be gone which I'm happy for. Those tend to be packed off by pack rats and not eaten until way later. Do not work very fast. The new bait station is typically built for mice and larger rats can't enter the bait station. I like the block style stuff where you can tie wire the block under the hood for those parking outside. 

I say congrats and good riddens. I had a battle with those dang things and they chewed my high idle harness up, and caused my truck to run like crap and there was a short. I have been using Irish spring soap and the pouches you can get at Home Depot. Fingers crossed so good so far, the colder weather seems to drive them to search for places. Good luck :gun:

• Owner

Back when I had both the 1973 Dodge Charger under the tree I stuck mothballs in the Dodge Charger the mice would pack them around the car. So instead of being in the cup where I had mothballs in I'd find them all over the car then. I tried the dryer sheet idea too and watch how mice used the sheets for bedding.

Even in the RV I tried again. Mice walked right past the mothballs wouldn't phase them. Drier sheets again they dragged them off and made nest out of them. 

Two things I found that keeps mice out is noise and lack of entry. Even mice need to have sleep so if there constant loud, obnoxious noise all the time they will not build home there. The other then is not to have shelter or warmth. Lot of ranchers up here leave the hood open then vents the heat out quickly and doesn't provide shelter for the mice.

• Like 2

just removed a mouse decomposed in my electric shock trap from the basement of the trailer just after adding moth ball for the first time. MY next move is to do as someone I met today is using is a light that goes on at dawn and off in the mourning. one for under the hood of my Dodge and one for the underside of my 5th wheel. see what happens

We have a very useful device around the house for the few small mice we see. It's called a "cat". Our last cat ran out of mice and started hunting rabbits. He would decapitate them and bring them to the house for us to admire.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

• Staff

I was called out onetime to get a car started that was in a small field next to Lone Jack rd. Encinitas, CA.  When I opened the hood two rabbits jumped out to either side and scared the heck out of me.  I found electrical wire and vacuum hose damage.   

Most of the cars I see having rodent damage are parked out in the country near avocado, lemon and orange groves.  They seam to like sparkplug wires and favor any injector or ABS/SRS sensor wiring. 

1 hour ago, dripley said:

We have a very useful device around the house for the few small mice we see. It's called a "cat".

I've had a few cats over the years.  The vet bills were killing me. 

May be it would be cheaper to get a chicken  

103743630_chicken1-950x6901.jpg.5f8b765aeb152026b83cf7fc2c50bf14.jpg

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

I've had a few cats over the years.  The vet bills were killing me. 

May be it would be cheaper to get a chicken  

103743630_chicken1-950x6901.jpg.5f8b765aeb152026b83cf7fc2c50bf14.jpg

Chickens out my way are vegetarians.  No vets needed either, just a frying pan.