• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

7x.012 with HX

notlimah

Basically my starting fuel needed to be around 85 then taper down to 72 by 4-5psi then start it’s climb back up to get the low tps stumble out, but that caused the truck to have haze/smoke at idle. Even with starting fuel at 68 it haze/smokes at idle but not quite as bad. Tried using valet to move around the percentage a bit which got me to my starting mark but there’s no way I can start at 85 @ 0psi and have a drive able truck with this setup unless you know some tricks?

It was to the point where you couldnt see the smoke coming out of the exhaust but there was definitely smoke lol. 

Rolling on the throttle obviously creates some puffs or trails of black but it cleans up fairly quick. 

Edited by notlimah

Well sorta hit or miss now lol.

The other day sitting at idle I could see light smoke coming by the passenger side door, being blown from the exhaust. 

Today, I saw nothing. 

Its definitely not visible leaving the exhaust tip, but if you were sitting in traffic it’d be enough to catch your attention if you could see it lol. Sorry it’s herd to explain.

Kewl. That’s good to hear. Wasn’t sure so glad it’s normal. I suppose I’d see the same with a larger turbo as well right? Given that the quad isn’t doing anything at idle?

Also, any reason why sometimes the haze is more visible then others?

Man I want to get 7x12 now :burnout:if you can manage it with stock hx35 I'm sure 62/67/12 should be a lot better even without quad, we'll maybe not on take offs. I was thinking about getting 7x10 7x11 but ... 

Did you try running it on level 0 which should be factory with boost fooling only? If not can you try it and see how bad the smoke is on take off and when you get going. I'm curious....

8 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Man I want to get 7x12 now :burnout:if you can manage it with stock hx35 I'm sure 62/67/12 should be a lot better even without quad, we'll maybe not on take offs. I was thinking about getting 7x10 7x11 but ... 

Did you try running it on level 0 which should be factory with boost fooling only? If not can you try it and see how bad the smoke is on take off and when you get going. I'm curious....

Yea man, I’ll try it out on the way home tomorrow, I’ll try and grab some video if I can too.

• Thanks 1

@Dieselfuture Well tried it on 0 and it definitely smokes more then with the quad. Not a HUGE difference but notable enough. I could’ve driven it fairly smoke free. Any time you stab at the throttle it’s definitely smokey. I imagine your turbo would be really nice with 7x.012’s. I plan on upgraded to a 62/68/12 eventually.

• Thanks 1

So something I've noticed is when the truck is still cold and or warming and driving, I can get into some situations where it seems like it's surging a bit when in the lower-ish rpms with converter locked. Maybe something to do with timing? I'll have to double check the coolant temp to see if the quad is even taking over the timing when it's doing it, but would that make sense?