• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

this is for the 08.

so it's a toss up between EMF and Dynatrac. i have the dyna's in the 04, and they are in great shape only 25K but still.

both are giving awesome reviews online. anyone here have any thoughts on them? 

those are second gen ball joints. i think the 3'rd gens are different with the AAM axles. 

are you talking about the "professional" AC delco ones? 

Posted (edited)

The 01 and 02 ball joints are strange animals with there alignment. 150k or better is pretty darn good. The 3rd gen are different but if the AC delcos will last that long in an 01 and 02 that is pretty good statement on there quality from what I know.

Matter of fact I don't think Dynatrac and some other of the HD ball joint co's even make a ball joint for an 01 or 02 4x4 and maybe 00. I have MOOG in mine with 200k on them. The have some wear and I will be due soon on replacing them.

Edited by dripley

Posted (edited)

Looking at the Dynatrac those things are crazy high price. That is just the ball joint alone. For that kind of money I can buy the entire axle for less from a wrecking yard...

https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildable-ball-joints/balljoints/hd-balljoints-for-2003-2012-dodge-ram-2500-and-3500-4x4.html

Way different story...

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2008,ram+2500+pickup,5.9l+l6+diesel+turbocharged,1441433,suspension,ball+joint,10070

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Dynatrac's are what I run and they have 50K and doing great so far. 

Cheap 3rd gen ball joints usually last thousands of miles, not tens of thousands of miles. 

After several BJ replacements the axle gets worn and you need a new axle... 

11 hours ago, AH64ID said:

Cheap 3rd gen ball joints usually last thousands of miles, not tens of thousands of miles. 

Has to be something about those AAM axles. Hmmm... :think: Still can't see buying $700 worth of ball joints. :broke:

• Like 1

I have to agree. I have less than $200 in my MOOGs.

MOOG is cheap junk on a 3rd gen. They barely last 50K miles on gas trucks, let alone these heavy Cummins. 

Not sure why they work well for 2nd and not for 3rd.... could be the weight. 

About a year after I installed I started hearing all kinds of bad things about the MOOG products. Enough that I probably won't use them next time. But I do have 200k on them now and cant complain. Just relating experience.