• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

balljoint time again.

this is for the 08.

so it's a toss up between EMF and Dynatrac. i have the dyna's in the 04, and they are in great shape only 25K but still.

both are giving awesome reviews online. anyone here have any thoughts on them? 

The 01 and 02 ball joints are strange animals with there alignment. 150k or better is pretty darn good. The 3rd gen are different but if the AC delcos will last that long in an 01 and 02 that is pretty good statement on there quality from what I know.

Matter of fact I don't think Dynatrac and some other of the HD ball joint co's even make a ball joint for an 01 or 02 4x4 and maybe 00. I have MOOG in mine with 200k on them. The have some wear and I will be due soon on replacing them.

Edited by dripley

• Owner

Looking at the Dynatrac those things are crazy high price. That is just the ball joint alone. For that kind of money I can buy the entire axle for less from a wrecking yard...

https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildable-ball-joints/balljoints/hd-balljoints-for-2003-2012-dodge-ram-2500-and-3500-4x4.html

Way different story...

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2008,ram+2500+pickup,5.9l+l6+diesel+turbocharged,1441433,suspension,ball+joint,10070

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Dynatrac's are what I run and they have 50K and doing great so far. 

Cheap 3rd gen ball joints usually last thousands of miles, not tens of thousands of miles. 

After several BJ replacements the axle gets worn and you need a new axle... 

About a year after I installed I started hearing all kinds of bad things about the MOOG products. Enough that I probably won't use them next time. But I do have 200k on them now and cant complain. Just relating experience.