• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel pressure alarm 10 psi

Hi, I am looking for a flashing LED or similar alarm kit to install by my fuel pressure gauge to alert me that the feed pressure at the VP44 inlet is at or below 10 psi.  I want this set point because that is what Cummins specify is the minimum required and everything I have read indicates that below that pressure I am damaging the VP44.  So far all the alarms I have found listed for my truck activate at 5 psi or less, I emailed three suppliers, two haven't replied and the one who did admitted that although his alarm kit is listed for my truck the 5 psi setting is too low to be any real use to protect the VP44.  Thanks.

I had BD alarm non-adjustable to off at 5 psi.  Spent $80 and got adjustable 7 through 12 psi.    Not available through BD but at elec part house. I can provide part number if you are interested and nobody posts the part number.  Screws right into my airdog npt threads. Also Would be easy to get sensor and led light and   wire it up.  I do know part is Westinghouse. 

If doing it again I would get fuel pressure gauge that has alarm built in. But already have auto meter

Edited by 015point9

• Staff

You may need to make your own set up.  It would be easy to do with a fuel line T-fitting with an adjustable hobbs pressure switch like the one that is supplied with the Fuel Boss lift pump.  This set up is used to turn on and off the back up electric fuel pump and can be adjusted to any pressure you want..  In stall an LED light like the one below in place of the fuel pump. 

By the way, 10PSI is to low.  You want fuel to run through the pump and back to the tank to keep the pump cool.  The return line valve doesn't open until 14PSI so you will want to set it for 13PSI..   

LED light   http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/311818045237

hobbs pressure switch  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=hobbs+pressure+switch

• 5 months later...