• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

36 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

@CTcummins24V have you checked and cleaned the by pass valve ? It could have got debris in it making it not able to close all the way 

Do you have an in line strainer, pre-lift pump that could be clogged 

Good call! I’ll take apart the valve and check for debris first.

Genos goodies came in today. Adding a fleetguard strainer pre fuel boss after this.

B547DBC3-3ABA-413A-8A3F-F3000088CE8F.jpeg

Thank you @01cummins4ever!!! I took the bypass check valve off, no visible debris. Used a pick to compress the spring multiple times, blasted it with brake clean from both sides, compressed the spring a bunch more. No matter what she stayed between 15-18psi the whole drive! That valve clogging didn't even cross my mind. It all makes sense now. My fuel was pretty clean, just a nasty fuel filter with debris in the housing. 

Definitely installing that strainer pre fuel boss and bypass valve this weekend. 

• Like 1

The only way to sustain 15 psi of boost is under accelaration tuner or no tuner. Cruising will see minimal boost since fuel demand is low. Mine cruises 75 mph at maybe 3 to4 pounds with the tuner on or off. You just don't have enough fuel to produce much boost cruising. I don't know enough about your turbo to know what the max boost on it should be.

Hope I did not butt in on your question.

• Staff

@CTcummins24V I run my edge on level 2 and @dripley is right about the boost.  If it's towing or not the best boost I see is 30psi, that's what I set the boost controller at and I don't think my HX turbo would produce much more than that.  I normally drive 65-70 and  tow at  60-65 mph, the boost is 0-5 psi when cruising.   

I was just curious. I took off the super b and sold it. The holset is much better down low but seems to choke out around 30psi and higher rpms. Super b had bad low end but incredible mid range and ok top end. Truck is running great and clean with the holset and pulls strong up to 25psi while 30psi and above isn’t pushing any extra power.