• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 CTD surging, bucking and no power.

Go all the way to McCall RV Park in McCall Idaho from my home in Grass Valley, Ca and I still get calls from a friend whos 01 Dodge sounds like it lost a VP44.  Problem is he’s in Olympia Washington on a trip with his Travel Trailer also.  Seems he installed a Air Dog some years ago but did not install a fuel pressure gauge to monitor it.  He called me this afternoon and said it’s bucking and surging and has no power.  Has a check engine light on and a p0216 fault code so I looked it up for him since he has no smart phone or laptop with him.  Called him on my cell and gave him the bad news.  Guess I’m going to be installing a gauge for him after we both get back home.

• Sad 1

If it helps and he gets stuck in Oly,wa only about 40 min from vulcan.  If you want to save shipping time.  Car rental to pick up new parts?

And you can pet is goat for free☺ 

I would call first because he is busy man.

Edited by 015point9
Add info

2 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

If it helps...oly,wa only about 40 min from vulcan.  If you want to save shipping time.  Car rental to pick up new parts?

And you can pet is goat for free☺ 

I would call first because he is busy man.

Thanks.  I’ll let him know when he calls tomorrow to give me an update.  It’s hard to diagnose these things over the phone but this website is a valuable source of info.  It’s saved my butt many times.  I try to donate when I can and always do after obtaining info.  Will just wait this time until I get home since this RV Park doesn’t have a secure WiFi.