• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

My rear brakes are real touchy and been that way for a while. The Hydro boost started leaking so replaced and everything was good for 2 days and now back to locking up right rear. I ordered a divider valve today just because it was cheap enough to throw at it. No codes or anything so what do you think? 

Rear drum or disc brakes?

Drum brakes could be a rust or corrosion issue in the drum. I had this same problem where it would lock up the rear tires really easy on my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500. The thin layer of rust would be just enough to get the brake shoes to be grabby. Might just pull the drums and inspect the insides for rust or broken parts. 

Had that happen on a work van with rear drum brakes.  It turned out to be a sticking brake wheel cylinder on the right rear.

Time to grease those brake pads... :lmao::lmao2:(You know I'm just joking right?!) :whistle2:

Seriously, I've got to ask what type of brake shoes are you using? If you are using too aggressive of a shoe material it might be creating a grabby condition like some of the clutches can. Might consider changing shoes out for some baseline generics if you are using any kind of premium brake shoes.