• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Windsheild sun shade

Damn , some of these are expensive

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced (good cheap $) windshield sun shade and where to get one for 2nd gen dodge trucks?

walmart?

intro-tech_ultimate_reflector_car_sun_sh

Edited by GSP7

• Owner
3 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Damn , some of these are expensive

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced (good cheap $) windshield sun shade and where to get one for 2nd gen dodge trucks?

walmart?

intro-tech_ultimate_reflector_car_sun_sh

I've got exactly what you posted in the picture for my Dodge Ram and got 2 of them from WalMart years ago. 

Down here in Florida they are a dime a dozen. I even use mine at night by habit. Just find one you think you will like. I have a 2 piece one now and hate it. Can't wait til it falls apart. The one pictured is nice but bulky.  It's all personal preference.

They also help save the dash cover and we all know how good ours are.  Fortunately my brother got a new one before I bought it from him.

L8tr

D

8 hours ago, AH64ID said:

All my rigs have an eclipse sun shade. They are a little more money than a walmart special but they attach and don't need to find a place to store it (which I always hated about non-mounted shades). 

We have them on our Suburban, I love the idea but I hate the fact that they create bigger blind spot along the pillar

A bit unrelated but I like the idea.

https://theskeeterbeater.com/how-it-works/

• Staff

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

We have them on our Suburban, I love the idea but I hate the fact that they create bigger blind spot along the pillar

That was my wife’s concern at first, but now she loves it. I don’t think it blocks too much, but I might be used to them after all these years     

• Like 1

Not sure how how it gets in Florida...but up here in the CA north valley we can see summer temps around 110* - 120*.  Shade can be a commodity.  I'll search an entire parking area before committing to leaving my vehicle exposed to that.....

• Owner
11 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

Not sure how how it gets in Florida...but up here in the CA north valley we can see summer temps around 110* - 120*.  Shade can be a commodity.  I'll search an entire parking area before committing to leaving my vehicle exposed to that.....

I know that feeling. My first summer of driving MoparMom back and forth to Ontario, OR for dialysis and trying to find a shady place to park the truck so I didn't fry waiting 4 hours. That was a tough deal to fill some days you fight to find the spot early in the day and keep it. Really hated those days when I had to leave the truck running with the A/C on to keep from cooking to death in the truck.

Several of my past fire seasons in the past I remember reports going over the radio of 110 to 115*F temps with humidity as low as 5 to 8%. Ugh. Then being stuck in the water tender and waiting for orders from USFS. You'd take your turnout coat and lay it over the windshield to shade the cab.

30 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

It’s like I said hotter than the gate hinges from Hell here in Florida! Lol 110degrees high humidity in the shade.  

4 minutes ago, mopar440cu said:

It’s like I said hotter than the gate hinges from Hell here in Florida! Lol 110degrees high humidity in the shade.  

And at least one nice thunder storm to add to the misery.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mopar440cu said:

I didnt think it got that hot in Florida...

Every time people talk about the insane temperatures we can see in the west, the same comment always follows. "But its a dry heat".

39 minutes ago, KATOOM said:

I didnt think it got that hot in Florida...

Every time people talk about the insane temperatures we can see in the west, the same comment always follows. "But its a dry heat".

It gets that hot trust me, but not everyday. I/ we work in it everyday and pray for sun showers and clouds everyday! Actually thinking It’s not the sun so much we hate, it’s the high humidity that kills us working outside, but it’s a paycheck! Lol

My other half agreed and said it can get hot out in California also, she lived there, but like you stated the humidity between the two states makes a big difference. I have another friend from Florida who now lives and works outside in Nevada and complains his state is the hottest also, but admits it’s a dryer humidity that you can deal with. This humidity here is a pita plain and simple. I guess we can’t have our cake and eat it also as they say. Lol

There's good and bad all how you look at it. I hung drywall for about 10 years in my past life and let me tell you that's demanding work especially when you work for yourself and get paid by square foot. We drank 2- 3 gallons of water a day and never go to the bathroom. Even though it was physically demanding job I was in great shape, I now have a city job and it's about 10th to 15th amount of hard work I have to do here, but it has its benefits also if you don't get lazy and abused it. Most people I've met that work in the office or at any desk job, usually have some sort of health problems. So now having an easier job I still make myself work just so I can exercise my body. I don't make as much money now, but I have some benefits and retirement and constant paycheck. But it's sure nice not to have to sweat all day long. Which some people I work with couldn't even do for a day.

• Like 2

• Owner
1 hour ago, KATOOM said:

Although you want to talk about stupid HOT...!!!  I have friends who were stationed in the Gulf and they said that 140* during the day was normal, cooling off to a balmy 100-110* at night.  Somedays even reached 150*.....and thats when the equipment simply stopped working.

:wtf: Holy crap dude that is just insanely hot. 

1 hour ago, KATOOM said:

So you ever wondered why those people over there are so angry? :lmao:

Yeah, and there isn't enough water, ice is unheard of, and A/C is just a dream... :thud:

2 hours ago, KATOOM said:

Although you want to talk about stupid HOT...!!!  I have friends who were stationed in the Gulf and they said that 140* during the day was normal, cooling off to a balmy 100-110* at night.  Somedays even reached 150*.....and thats when the equipment simply stopped working.

So you ever wondered why those people over there are so angry? :lmao:

Another one...

Just think its 140-150*F outside the windows are rolled up on your vehicle and you got vinyl seats. Yeah, I'd be pissed off big time with 2nd-degree burns on my back and :moon: . Steering wheel hotter than frying pan. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yeah, I'd be pissed off big time with 2nd-degree burns on my back and :moon: . Steering wheel hotter than frying pan

That's why I don't care for leather seats, I'll take cloth any day. Let your :moon: breathe a little 

• Haha 1