• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil bypass diy

Has anyone ran a baldwin b50 on a 2nd gen 24v for a oil bypass? Just found a kit locally for super cheap and was wondering if it was worth it. Been doing some research and the info is kind of iffy if the hole size in the filter is too big?

I have not, I've been using bmk21 in my Sig for a while now with good results. But many have put lots more miles on with regular oil and one service filter. I definitely noticed oil staying clean longer. And I've just been flushing my filter out instead of changing it. They claim it can go 60k or when it stops flowing, which by then filter should be cold to the touch when engine is worm and running. All I do is after oil change in take my oil fill cap and put it in a drain pan, (my filtered oil return comes back to engine through oil fill cap) then start the engine and run about 2 quarts through it, by then it's usually clean oil coming out. 

• Staff

It's a 15µ absolute filter, and 50% at 2µ...so not hardly worth the time or money for a bypass.

The DBL7349 full flow is 15µ absolute, and 7µ at 59.97%, so I'll bet it's real similar at 2µ. 

AFIK the only bypass I know of with good media is the Amsoil series, which is what I run as well. 

I've ran fuel filters in the past as bypass filters but they plug up much faster and in the end it's not worth the savings since it takes more filters over the life of a motor.  

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 1