• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Treadwright Remold Tires

16 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Me. I'll stick with Hankook ATm...Good 60k to 80k tire.

I got 65k out of the first 2 sets. I am sitting around 72k on this set and have no doubt these will go 80k. That will be a first for me.

5 hours ago, Collinst15 said:

Thanks guys. I wasn't going to get them for my truck due to reviews.  Just looking out for my father in law.  

Thanks

Tim

I ran wardens for awhile, mostly towing.   No issues or complaints.  

I was also looking into the Treadwright tires.  Seems like they are the only one making a sort of AT tire that will fit on my big rims.

I have 19.5" rims running 245/70R19.5 tires at Crosswind CWA203 (came with the truck)

These tires have no business in snow or dirt, probably not even that good in the rain.

Has anyone seen anything more AT in a size like this?  I hear the size I have improves gas mileage and towing.

2 hours ago, leety said:

I was also looking into the Treadwright tires.  Seems like they are the only one making a sort of AT tire that will fit on my big rims.

I have 19.5" rims running 245/70R19.5 tires at Crosswind CWA203 (came with the truck)

These tires have no business in snow or dirt, probably not even that good in the rain.

Has anyone seen anything more AT in a size like this?  I hear the size I have improves gas mileage and towing.

@leety These are the factory stock tires that came on my neighbors new to him 2016 f450.  

Surveying company in canada buys the trucks , puts different rims/tires on them, and trades every 2 years.  So these are new factory setup. 

Tread is similar to his dump truck rear tires that he likes a lot.  Reminds me of a blizzak and kind of soft to touch.  

Eta: The brand is Sailun.  Kind of hard to make

it out in picture.  

87D46BCD-48BB-49CF-B167-E25B0F275F9F.jpeg.1a5d7af6acbf5cbd21f1fa2aedb992b5.jpeg

35728CDD-2173-4F1C-B961-220998F503F5.jpeg.52a601578fc6a45fbd9dc20fafb89e2b.jpeg

C6F654E4-4F43-4C9F-992D-EF5ABF21023C.jpeg.7c5988166de25bbdd31fffd4277e20cc.jpeg

9AFD872B-32EF-4C62-994B-332EA5CBC3CE.jpeg.2b8d1ed1bf076a2e17460ba2202d433c.jpeg

Edited by Ben
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

@leety These are the factory stock tires that came on my neighbors new to him 2016 f450.  

Surveying company in canada buys the trucks , puts different rims/tires on them, and trades every 2 years.  So these are new factory setup. 

Tread is similar to his dump truck rear tires that he likes a lot.  Reminds me of a blizzak and kind of soft to touch.  

87D46BCD-48BB-49CF-B167-E25B0F275F9F.jpeg.1a5d7af6acbf5cbd21f1fa2aedb992b5.jpeg

35728CDD-2173-4F1C-B961-220998F503F5.jpeg.52a601578fc6a45fbd9dc20fafb89e2b.jpeg

C6F654E4-4F43-4C9F-992D-EF5ABF21023C.jpeg.7c5988166de25bbdd31fffd4277e20cc.jpeg

9AFD872B-32EF-4C62-994B-332EA5CBC3CE.jpeg.2b8d1ed1bf076a2e17460ba2202d433c.jpeg

Those are great!  I don't think I can run 225 I think I have to stick with 245.  That's what someone told me but I need to investigate that further.  That seems to be a better size for the 19.5" rims.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=245-70r19.5-225-70r19.5

My rim is a 7.5 the rims on for the 225 is 6.7 so one inch narrower.

It's the 245 that's killing me.  I'll see if they make that tire in a 245.

Edited by leety

6 minutes ago, leety said:

Doh!  That's a drive position tire.  As far as I know you are not supposed to use drive position tires as steer position tires :-(

They are all the way around on his truck.  I would not fret that. 

Drive and steer concerns are big truck territory. Only brand new tires are used for steer but "retreads" can be used for drive. 

Edited by Ben
  • Like 1

https://www.totaltiresolutions.com/mobile/tires/commercial-tires.aspx?view=cttire&width=-1&aspect=-1&rim=-1&brand=-1&load=-1&ply=-1&category=-1&shoulder=-1&application=-1&position=-1&page=-1&order=-1&tid=Sailun5540996

They are definitely drive tires not a steering tire.  They are 16 ply 125 psi.  Very hard, also a speed rating of L which is 75 MPH.  The price is defiantly not insane.

I've been trying to figure out if you could use a drive tire on a smaller truck so this is a good indication.

Edited by leety

2 minutes ago, leety said:

Interesting. 

His are load range G, 14 ply, and 110 psi. Still speed rating L, but I know the truck went a lot faster than 75 coming home from Rochester. 

He said things only got western in the rain, which would be expected from a cab and chassis at that point. 

The compound is not hard to the touch. It is soft. 

The ply rating, yeah that's hard. 

If you are not absolutely attached to the look maybe try and hunt for some stock 16" rims. Then your tire choice explodes. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ben said:

Interesting. 

His are load range G, 14 ply, and 110 psi. Still speed rating L, but I know the truck went a lot faster than 75 coming home from Rochester. 

He said things only got western in the rain, which would be expected from a cab and chassis at that point.  "western?"

The compound is not hard to the touch. It is soft. 

That should help

26 minutes ago, Ben said:

The ply rating, yeah that's hard. 

If you are not absolutely attached to the look maybe try and hunt for some stock 16" rims. Then your tire choice explodes. 

Not attached to the look just trying to see if I can work with what I have $$ ya know?

9 minutes ago, leety said:

Not attached to the look just trying to see if I can work with what I have $$ ya know?

Understood. 

Sorry. Western - things went a little sideways,  got crazy. He said the hind end of the truck would start skating back and forth when he got on it in the rain. 

Which for a cab and chassis, some torque, and rain was to be expected. 

An adjective I picked up from another lifetime.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 8:42 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

@Wild and Free would be the only member that is running them on his truck. 

Mike that is not entirely true.   I liked my first set enough to get a second set....   I like them.  I wouldn't recommend them without lots of "you gotta knows", and such.  Tires can be such a hit and miss and I have no clue what you do with your truck.   My friends run them also, and we have had zero troubles* (jamie lost one on a suburbasuarus on a long trip, but I couldn't tell if he hit something in the road, or if it was his constant running under inflatedness....  he is not nearly as anal as I am about tire pressures.)   YMMV, but I have never had to add more than 2 oz to balance and have good service out of mine.    I don't do a lot of high speed operation.  I tow and I tow heavy.  Most of my trips are short, but I do tow as much as 200 miles away.  On the long hauls I run the speed limit or slightly above or below (depending on load and traffic.)   These tires have given me the best compromise of off road performance and on road stability.   I am in fields a lot with the tractors.  If I only towed highway, I would not have these tires ( I would want a longer lasting street tread)

Hag