• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel economy on iQuad

adamey1000

You need to select the "V2 Quadzilla Only" vehicle from the list, not the "V2 QUADZILLA-ONLY" if that vehicle is in your list still. Thats the one that has the extra gauges. 

If testing goes well with this version of the base code it will be moved to the main line and the new sensors will be added to the V2 Dodge 1998-2002 vehicle profile.

OR you can export your tunes, change the name of the vehicle selection in a text editor and reimport them. I've done it myself yesterday. 

Its completely incovenient, I understand. But I don't want to send out an update to everone when only like 3 people so far are trying this one out to see how it works. 

Just give your tunes a different name for the testing and leave the others in place. When we roll it out to everyone in a couple of weeks time you can go back to the previous profile and get all the tunes there still working properly. 

• Like 1

I have successfully flashed the box. @Me78569 the instructions in your flash thread are great! Made flashing the box super easy. I exported the tune and renamed in notepad. Everything is working great. I am pretty stoked about the new gauge. I have only had time to spin around the block with it, but it appears to be working correctly. I suspect that my offset is wrong, so I will be calibrating per the instructions above. 

@Quadzilla Power, would data logs of driving with the gauge be helpful in development? I would be happy to provide whatever I can to help refine. 

• Like 1

Try this, create a new tune with your phone and export that out to the computer. It doesn't need to have anything set in it. 

On your computer, open up your recently exported tune and one that you want to import. 

Copy all of the settingsMap stuff from { to } and replace the tune you just created with the stuff you really want. You can change the profile name here too if you'd like. Email that to yourself and with the app open (but in the background) open the email and click on the imported .json file. It should give you the option to open with the QUadzilla app. 

Unless I'm misunderstanding and there is something else going on. 

To import, I exported to an email. Opened with notepad, changed the file name at the end to “Quadzilla Only”. Saved, emailed back to myself, hold on the attached file and clicked copy to iQuad. 

This is all from an iPhone, so I know it won’t be exactly the same for you Mike. But the rename part would be the same. 

• Like 1

@adamey1000 Data-logs would be helpful with longer ones over different time periods. Take one now and send it then one after a few days and send it, then one after you first tank of fuel and send that too. It would be good to see how the filtering is working over longer periods of time. 

Your perceptions on how it is working is probably even better feedback.

If you save it to a file and then try to do an import does that work? 

I mean opening the iQuad app, then going to the custom tuning menu then clicking on the Import button. It should open up a file type browser with recent items that you can choose to import to the app. 

Edited by Quadzilla Power
Further explanation

• Owner

Google Drive... I sure wished the files were just saved directly to the SD card on the onboard memory of the device. When I manually uploaded the file to the SD card on my phone it works fine. Google Drive acts like the file doesn't exist but it does but Quadzilla can list it but not open it. Yeah, it shows up on the screen and can't import the tune. Again copy it to my little 16 GB SD card file works just fine and Quadzilla can see the edited file and imports like its suppose too. 

Never was a fan of exporting to cloud, download on the home PC, upload back to the cloud then import back into Quadzilla. Why not just save it to the storage of the device plug in the USB cable, edit directly on the device from the PC. Then just unplug the cord. Much simpler that all this uploading and downloading to make one file edit "1998.5 to 2002 Dodge" to "V2 Quadzilla Only".

I usually don't use the google drive method. I send it via email. I never though to send it using google drive, but that works for me. 

The hiccup I get is in the editing. I don't have a text editor that google drive will let me use to edit it so I can see where you have issues. 

From google drive though (the google drive app) I just click on the three dot menu next to the file, select "open with" option and it automatically opens in the app. 

Although a save to memory option would be nice. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up honestly.

First thing I would do is to make sure that your MPG Offset is set to 100%. I think it defaults to 90%. If you've already done that you are probably running pretty big injectors. Go ahead and do the method of running at tank at 100%, then dividing the actual gallons used by estimated gallons used then multiplying that by 100 to get the MPG offset percent that will correlate with your injectors. Some fine tuning may be necessary after that, but it should be pretty close. If the gallons per trip are accurate and the AVG MPG is still way off, let me know. 

It looks like I missed the part about setting to 100% to be able to check the offset. I have had the offset on 125%. Quick math, the gallon trip set and my odometer is in the ballpark of 20mpg right now. It looks like the MPG is coming down steadily. It is currently around 31. I will be resetting my offset to 100 and starting again. Can I get any useful information for my offset from having it set at 125% for the past week or so? I do want it to be as accurate as possible, so if I need to start over, I will. 

I may may be way off base, but it seems to me that the maximum mpg at coast going to 99.99mpg may be giving a false high reading on average mpg. It would seem to me that for a truck that is averaging 20mpg, 15 seconds at 99.99mpg while coasting would have a much greater positive impact on average mpg than 15 seconds at 5mpg under hard acceleration. Since the differential is so great on those two, couldn’t it be skewing the numbers high? Math was never one of my strengths though, so you will have to tell me. 

You will have to reset the AVG MPG after you get the MPG offset fixed. 

2 minutes ago, adamey1000 said:

It looks like I missed the part about setting to 100% to be able to check the offset. I have had the offset on 125%. Quick math, the gallon trip set and my odometer is in the ballpark of 20mpg right now. It looks like the MPG is coming down steadily. It is currently around 31. I will be resetting my offset to 100 and starting again. Can I get any useful information for my offset from having it set at 125% for the past week or so? I do want it to be as accurate as possible, so if I need to start over, I will. 

I may may be way off base, but it seems to me that the maximum mpg at coast going to 99.99mpg may be giving a false high reading on average mpg. It would seem to me that for a truck that is averaging 20mpg, 15 seconds at 99.99mpg while coasting would have a much greater positive impact on average mpg than 15 seconds at 5mpg under hard acceleration. Since the differential is so great on those two, couldn’t it be skewing the numbers high? Math was never one of my strengths though, so you will have to tell me. 

You can do the maths to figure out how you need to adjust the MPG offset from 125%, but you really need a full tank at a particular offset before you change it otherwise it will skew the numbers. If you had it on 90%, but change it to 125 just recently you will probably want to start over. 

The instant MPG (ECO) going to 99.99 is because that is the biggest number that we are going to send back. The way it is calculated is because the fueling message sent to the VP44 at times when you're coasting is literally 0, which we believe means 0 fuel. When you divide the amount of distance you travelled by 0 your going to have a bad time. In math its infinite, in computers its NaN (which stands for Not a Number) and throws an error code and make everything die. So, when we see the fueling message of 0, we say you are getting 99.99 mpg at that instant. If we find out that the 0 fueling message means to still deliver a minimal amount of fuel then we will need to adjust it accordingly.