• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

adamey1000

Fuel economy on iQuad

I have successfully flashed the box. @Me78569 the instructions in your flash thread are great! Made flashing the box super easy. I exported the tune and renamed in notepad. Everything is working great. I am pretty stoked about the new gauge. I have only had time to spin around the block with it, but it appears to be working correctly. I suspect that my offset is wrong, so I will be calibrating per the instructions above. 

@Quadzilla Power, would data logs of driving with the gauge be helpful in development? I would be happy to provide whatever I can to help refine. 

• Like 1

Try this, create a new tune with your phone and export that out to the computer. It doesn't need to have anything set in it. 

On your computer, open up your recently exported tune and one that you want to import. 

Copy all of the settingsMap stuff from { to } and replace the tune you just created with the stuff you really want. You can change the profile name here too if you'd like. Email that to yourself and with the app open (but in the background) open the email and click on the imported .json file. It should give you the option to open with the QUadzilla app. 

Unless I'm misunderstanding and there is something else going on. 

To import, I exported to an email. Opened with notepad, changed the file name at the end to “Quadzilla Only”. Saved, emailed back to myself, hold on the attached file and clicked copy to iQuad. 

This is all from an iPhone, so I know it won’t be exactly the same for you Mike. But the rename part would be the same. 

• Like 1

@adamey1000 Data-logs would be helpful with longer ones over different time periods. Take one now and send it then one after a few days and send it, then one after you first tank of fuel and send that too. It would be good to see how the filtering is working over longer periods of time. 

Your perceptions on how it is working is probably even better feedback.

If you save it to a file and then try to do an import does that work? 

I mean opening the iQuad app, then going to the custom tuning menu then clicking on the Import button. It should open up a file type browser with recent items that you can choose to import to the app. 

Edited by Quadzilla Power
Further explanation

Google Drive... I sure wished the files were just saved directly to the SD card on the onboard memory of the device. When I manually uploaded the file to the SD card on my phone it works fine. Google Drive acts like the file doesn't exist but it does but Quadzilla can list it but not open it. Yeah, it shows up on the screen and can't import the tune. Again copy it to my little 16 GB SD card file works just fine and Quadzilla can see the edited file and imports like its suppose too. 

Never was a fan of exporting to cloud, download on the home PC, upload back to the cloud then import back into Quadzilla. Why not just save it to the storage of the device plug in the USB cable, edit directly on the device from the PC. Then just unplug the cord. Much simpler that all this uploading and downloading to make one file edit "1998.5 to 2002 Dodge" to "V2 Quadzilla Only".

I usually don't use the google drive method. I send it via email. I never though to send it using google drive, but that works for me. 

The hiccup I get is in the editing. I don't have a text editor that google drive will let me use to edit it so I can see where you have issues. 

From google drive though (the google drive app) I just click on the three dot menu next to the file, select "open with" option and it automatically opens in the app. 

Although a save to memory option would be nice. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up honestly.

Here is a data log from my drive home from work today. I am confident that my offset is wrong. I would love to be averaging 37mpg! I need some miles on the tank before I check the offset though. I just filled up this morning, so it shouldn’t be too long. 

iquad-2018-07-13-03.07.30.csv