adamey1000

Fuel economy on iQuad

you are seeing a pcm report on chris's tool.  There is also a level of rounding in place when everything is pushed through . 

On 8/6/2018 at 11:09 AM, Quadzilla Power said:

Yep, what Me78569 said. Check the power connections, it sounds like its losing power when the ignition is off. 

I have looked at my connections, and cant find anything loose. It has been remembering my last power level, but not storing the mileage information. I have been leaving the level on different settings when i shut down to check that it remembers. 

The mpg seems to be pretty good, but since it has been resetting, i cant get a long term average or check the gallon trip. I will look all the connections over again tonight. I have my power wire connected to the hot leg of the fuse block under the hood, rather than the battery. any reason that could be an issue?

That is different isn't it. Not losing power level says that you should have a good power and ground connection (hot part of the fuse block is fine in that case). 

However, it is weird that you are getting your MPG stuff reset all the time. What is the status of your MPG Offset and AVG MPG reset settings in the settings? Are they both set to ON or OFF? 

On 8/10/2018 at 1:29 PM, Quadzilla Power said:

That is different isn't it. Not losing power level says that you should have a good power and ground connection (hot part of the fuse block is fine in that case). 

However, it is weird that you are getting your MPG stuff reset all the time. What is the status of your MPG Offset and AVG MPG reset settings in the settings? Are they both set to ON or OFF? 

sorry for the delayed response, work has been crazy! offset and AVG reset are both turned on. I just re-flashed the box a few minutes ago, so i will report any changes. it did take several tries before the flash software recognized the box was connected, so hopefully that is not a problem.

Data logs have been pretty much useless, so i have not been saving them. 

1 hour ago, adamey1000 said:

offset and AVG reset are both turned on.

I would only set these to "on" when you are trying to reset them. You basically want to toggle them on then off to reset the gallons used per trip and the AVG_MPG. I'm concerned that with them on when you connect the app it will resend the signal to reset them every time it connects. 

Also, having to try a few times disconnecting and reconnecting the Adrenaline before it flashes is perfectly normal. We have to do that all the time here too. 

I have now re-flashed the box, checked all of my wiring, and reloaded the vehicle profile. Every time i shut the struck off it resets the average mpg and the gallon trip. This morning after the gallon trip got up to around .2 gallons used, i pulled over and shut the truck off with the app running. as soon as i restarted the truck, every sensor was consistent with pre-shut down with the exception of the mpg and gallon trip. They reset to 0. power level, coolant temp, and everything else was still reading good, but non of those require any memory to read accurately. mpg offset is turned on and set at 155%, eco reset is turned off.  what am i missing?

Turn the MPG OFFSET to off. It doesn't need to be on to be funcitonal. You only need to set to to ON when you are resetting the Gallons used. Everytime you are connected to the Adrenaline, you are resetting it because the APP is seeing that you have it set and is sending the signal to reset it. Turn it to OFF. It will still apply the MPG offset, but it will no longer reset the gallons used per trip. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Turn the MPG OFFSET to off. It doesn't need to be on to be funcitonal. You only need to set to to ON when you are resetting the Gallons used. Everytime you are connected to the Adrenaline, you are resetting it because the APP is seeing that you have it set and is sending the signal to reset it. Turn it to OFF. It will still apply the MPG offset, but it will no longer reset the gallons used per trip. 

That makes sense. It’ll be a week or so before I get back home to try, but I’ll update you guys as soon as I try it. I assumed that the on switch actually was turning the offset on. 

8 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Yes, it is confusing. I'm sure you're not the last person this will affect. I wish I could have named it something different. 

I think its time to consider rebuilding the UI / UX for the iQuad app again. There is a minor issue like this. How about the Eq Sliders. You're trying to see where the slider land in the green or red zone but you can't see that because the slider is right over the break of the red and green. The trip reset should be just a button, not an on/off switch. iQuad app should remember your last screen position instead of panning to it every time. Might be time for a bit of software tweaking on the iQuad app.