• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Unread content

• Staff
3 hours ago, dripley said:

20181026_060507.jpg.31ca500eac6fc887245a99953bc0df4f.jpg

That one.

That's the unread content icon. All it does for me is bring up the unread content, which still has the issue. 

9 hours ago, Hawkez said:

It wasn't always like this.

No it wasn't. 

It could be a software thing and it could be a setting thing, but none of the settings seem to make a difference.

@Mopar1973Man

What stream and filters are they talking about? How do I reset back to default settings?

14 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

That's the unread content icon. All it does for me is bring up the unread content, which still has the issue

Sitting here playing with mine and I dont think what Isaw was on mine was the same issue, just similar. When click that icon it goes to that page like you posted, I have just never used that page. I just use home page and it shows me all the unread posts or new topics.

• Staff
6 minutes ago, dripley said:

Sitting here playing with mine and I dont think what Isaw was on mine was the same issue, just similar. When click that icon it goes to that page like you posted, I have just never used that page. I just use home page and it shows me all the unread posts or new topics.

Gotcha. I use the "unread content" button all the time. The home page doesn't seem to have any real method to its order of display. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Are we any closer to having a fix for this? Having to scroll through an entire page of "unread" posts from the same topic has gotten old. Definitely wasn't always like this. What's worse is clicking on one of those posts doesn't bring you to that post anymore, or the first one you haven't read. It goes to post #1.

• Like 1

• Owner
22 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

What's worse is clicking on one of those posts doesn't bring you to that post anymore, or the first one you haven't read. It goes to post #1.

Click the star or bullet not the link. The star or bullet will take you to the last read post. The link will take you to the first post. 

23 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

Are we any closer to having a fix for this? Having to scroll through an entire page of "unread" posts from the same topic has gotten old.

Sometimes it helps to mark everything as read and start over. Now that I've done the same thing my list is clean. 

• Owner
6 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

Also, I'm not receiving notifications again.

Microsoft blacklisted the IP address again. Crappy Microsoft email is the only ones that do this.

7 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

That doesn't fix the issue.

Actually, it is working as designed that I can see. When you pick and chose threads and it pulls out that post then others will stack together. It suppose to post every post up in the timeline. So if you happen to read one post and then you could have 3 in a row same thread. It suppose to show each post, from the member at that time. It doesn't just post the last post up. 

So when you clear your read list and start over then the activity stream is as in TIME. Each post is listed in the ORDER of TIME. Once you read that thread then ALL those posts go away in the list but if you ignore them the list grows and grows and it seems like the long list of the same thread because you never read the thread. Hence why the Mark all as Read works because now the list is empty and starts fresh listing all thread you follow in time. 

Screenshot from 2019-02-25 17-16-04.png

That notice. Today tag... Everything listed for today in order of TIME. Then yesterday in the order of TIME.  

If you want better control then do NOT automatically follow everything. Turn that feature off and only follow things you mark as follow. Then you only get the post you want to follow. Most are set up as automatically follow anything I reply to. The blue highlighted you want to UNCHECK.

Screenshot from 2019-02-25 17-19-23.png

You can manage all your activity stream better on the notification screen.  

Screenshot from 2019-02-25 17-12-31.png

• Staff

Mine looks nothing like that. It may be working as intended, but it's not like any other forum and it's rather annoying to search unread content. 

I also don't think it has anything to do with the content I follow, as only one of the ones in my current unread content feed are anything I follow. 

Marking as read will clear it out, but it doesn't fix it for next time I logon and search unread content. 

new radio yaaay!, and My butt is finally level. should only appear once. Not once for every new post. 

No that's not the way it designed.

Edited by AH64ID

• Owner

Sorry about the post.

Ok now to display what is happening. Its an Activity Stream in time. 

Every single post in time is listed in order of time. All posts since your last visit and reading. 

I had to log in and expand your page to show time.

I replied to new radio yaaay... at 6:52pm

Screenshot from 2019-02-25 21-03-06.png

Then Dave110 responded 7:06pm. These two post did actually happen. 

Screenshot from 2019-02-25 21-03-12.png 

Now to make those go away go read the thread it is removed. If you skip over it and not read it then that topic remains. If your skipping the post constantly then it appears to pile up all one topic. The only way to fix this is to go read that topic or remove yourself from following the topic then it will NOT post in the Activity Stream. The other way is to Mark Every Read. But like you said this isn't a fix because the followed topics continued to pop up and list. Then if you continue to skip a topic then it stacks up again. The only way to stop that is NOT to follow that topic by going to your notification list and removing that topic. The other way is to stop automatically following anything you reply to.

Another trick on the Activity Stream...

Bullet or Star goes to the last post read - https://mopar1973man.com/topic/15708-front-driveshaft-woes/?do=getNewComment

Click the main link of any post in the activity stream the first post comes up - https://mopar1973man.com/topic/15708-front-driveshaft-woes/

As you can see the URL are very different. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Yes, that is what's happening what we are all trying to relay is that it wasn't always this way. This way is incredibly annoying, so much so that I rarely search for new threads. If it's not in the top 10 notifications (which I have seen as 1 thread before) then I'm not digging thru it. 

Is there no way to fix it?

• Like 2