• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Unread content

• Owner

It's normal for all post to be list as they happen in time. This is why its called an Activity Stream and not a What New List.  Another example. I just got up and 2 people have posted to your 4th gen thread @AH64ID .

Screenshot from 2019-02-26 06-28-33.png

This display of these two posts is normal. This was the activity stream in time of what happened since I went to bed last night. Now if I got to read your topic these two will disappear. If I ignore it then the list remains and rolls down the list. Like the Wait To Start Delay that is working correctly as well. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

15 hours ago, kzimmer said:

Are we any closer to having a fix for this? Having to scroll through an entire page of "unread" posts from the same topic has gotten old. Definitely wasn't always like this. 

At least now it appears to only be showing new posts instead of dredging up old posts I've read as soon as a new post is made. It would still be cleaner and not so jumbled if there was only one bulletin for a thread update instead of every single comment. 

IMG_4714.PNG.ff6796fdcbd5ca4bb77161bc91574dd2.PNG

i guess you don't get to see what the next topic you can view is? Just that it's "unread."

• Like 1

• Staff
5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

It's normal for all post to be list as they happen in time. This is why its called an Activity Stream and not a What New List.  Another example. I just got up and 2 people have posted to your 4th gen thread

Ok, so how do we go back to a What's new list???

I think that's what we're all asking for here. 

• Like 1

• Staff
3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

What's new list was only one the version 3 software. No longer supported. Technology moving forward.

Judging by this thread it’s technology moving backwards. 

Numerous accounts of how annoying it is, and no real praise. I fail to see how that is moving forward. 

There is likely a reason no other forum that I am aware of does it this way. It’s a major hinderance to finding new threads. 

• Owner

All I can say if you have the time you can become a member of Invision Power Suite and talk to the manufacture on changing this. 

Personally, it hasn't bugged me much other than I find myself ignoring threads/topics that stack up like using yours as an example. when it does happen I just mark it all read and go forward. Being I've not read your topic in 2 days now the activity stream shows the 4 new posts that I've missed which is correct. But I've already read all the stuff that was in between your topic so no it stacks up. This is a normal function. 

So either I have to go READ your topic on getting your 4th gen or just mark it all read.

Another method is to turn off the Automatic Follow and selectively follow the topics I wish too. Then these that I follow will show up in the Activity stream.

Screenshot from 2019-02-26 20-24-09.png

Or go to the notification list and Unfollow what you don't want to show in the activity stream. Even mine shows that I've got an unread post in the notification list.

Screenshot from 2019-02-26 20-35-08.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

This is the problem, you keep giving “fixes” that don’t relate to the issue at hand. 

It has NOTHING to do with what is being followed, I’ve told you this already. 

It’s what shows when you hit unread content, followed or not. There are many screen shots of that in this thread. 

But hey, if you want your forum to be less user friendly then by all means don’t worry about it. 

I'm primarily a mobile user. It's unfortunate that I have to scroll through 32 old posts I have already read when I've selected to only show "unread content."

I understand that you are not the manufacturer/designer. 

IMG_4718.PNG

IMG_4719.PNG

• Like 1

• Owner

All I can say if you don't like the design you have to register up over on IPS site and complain to them about the Unread part of the Activity Stream. It is way to difficult for me to play middle man passing information back and forth from everyone. I've already played this game one and I made the ticket and kept passing information back and forth between @AH64ID and @IPS Support and kept this going. 

Even then they could not figure out anything wrong. Remember this is not a What's New List. It's an Activity Stream of all post and actions on the site as they happen in time. No, it does not just post the last post and that it. It list EVERY single new post, comment, article, classified ad, etc. Not just the last one. 

This is not vBulletin 3 like CumminsForum that is completely out of date and behind the times. This is the current version of Invision Power Board 4.4.0. We are HTML5 compliant, CSS3 compliant, and many code updates. So it hard to compare IPS Suite to anything else out there when its using old technology and way behind the times. Find another IPS site I promise it will work the same way. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Ok, so I went over to their community and got registered. 

I then hit "unread content", and it works how we would like it to work and not how it works on this forum. Looks like there are some settings that either need to be adjusted at the admin or user level. 

Maybe @IPS Support can let us know more??

If not I will open up a thread over there and ask. 

• Like 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

@IPS Support has no communication.

I'm using the same version. But... Your not following anything on IPS side yet. Start posting.

I don’t follow 99% of the stuff on here. It’s an unread content feed, not content I follow feed. 

I’m willing to bet a case of beer it’s a setting on this forum.