• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Raptor Fuel Pump

Is the seal internal? it never leaked. When it went out I had zero fuel pressure, the truck would only idle. Was only a block away from home when it failed.

I attempted to contact Airdog and no response. Not surprised as I suspect they would rather sell new ones than parts to rebuild.

I was just out of warranty, had I actually sent in the registration card on the first one. I did for the second one though.

I guess I will take it apart and tinker with it, for curiosity's sake.

• Staff

What I know they give me a lifetime warranty on my AirDog Raptor lift pumps on two trucks. I've never heard of just a 4 year limit warranty like that.

Any power mods and you should upgrade to the Raptor 150. It won't need to work so hard on it.

Edited by JAG1

56 minutes ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

i took apart my raptor and found the bearings were cheapo and the tolerance after a couple years were bad enough that the motor wouldnt run well (wobbling in the bearing) loud noise etc...   i repurposed it to a oil scavenging pump for oil changes.

Ah .... another reason Im glad I bought a Fass

:thumbup2:

Edited by GSP7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GSP7 said:

Ah .... another reason Im glad I bought a Fass

:thumbup2:

its the reason why i went with fuel boss. :lol2:   :poke:

2 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

Did you replace bearings?

nope, i left it be as it no longer is used as a fuel pump.  i dont want to deal with another failure of it so i went with fuel boss.

• Staff

I would like to rebuild a Raptor with new bearings and O ring(s). I bet it would be a good lift pump then.

I'm not having any trouble with Raptor on both my trucks. The RP100 is showing signs of weakness (run for about 60K) and they gave me a new RP150 w/o any trouble since at the same time buying another 150 for my second truck. So they are cool to me.

Edited by JAG1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:41 PM, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

its the reason why i went with fuel boss. :lol2:   :poke:

Looking at one of those (Fuel Boss) as well for my next lift pump. I got about 60k or so miles on my first Raptor.

How do you like that Fuel Boss setup?

• Owner

There is a big difference between Raptor and a Full AirDog. 

Now that I have done 250k miles on my first AirDog 150 now I got my replacement pump (warranty) and still going. Raptors don't have the return line back to the tank keeping fuel moving. Raptor return to the inlet port for regulation which can produce cavitation and air issues. Not to mention the adjustable regulator issues vs the old school spring and check ball like I've got. 

• 7 months later...

I think I found the right seals and bearings for the frrp. It looks likes it's a 8x22x7mm bearing and a 8x22x6.5mm seal. Might also be a 8x22x7mm but it's just a hair smaller. I'll be purchasing the bearings and seals then I'm gonna try to rebuild my old pump.

EDIT: T̶h̶e̶̶ ̶s̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶8̶x̶2̶2̶x̶6̶m̶m̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶c̶h̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶(̶8̶x̶2̶2̶x̶7̶ ̶&̶ ̶8̶x̶2̶2̶x̶6̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶̶s̶̶̶̶̶̶.̶ I will let you guys know more info when I get all the parts in. It might be about 2 weeks though as I'm a truck driver and am only home once every 2 weeks.

Edited by Southpole560
  • Like 1

Does anyone also know the parts that are inside the pressure regulator? I think I may have lost a check ball when I was taking it apart but I am not sure. I know that there is definitely a spring in it but thats all I that I was paying attention to. Is there a check ball and a spacer looking thing in between the possible check ball and spring? Thanks in advance guys!

Thank you for the pictures and info. I have one that is 2 years old, so some day I will need this rebuild info. I think mine has a 4 year warranty. When it goes, I might need to up grade to the next size.

• Like 1