• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello from the Gem State

Sawed-off

Happy 4th of July!

I'm Kevin from Caldwell Idaho.  Been reading lots of great info on this forum since I purchased a 2000 Dodge Cummins from my Dad about 6 months ago.  It seems a lot of you guys know these trucks inside and out!  Mopar1973man thanks for taking the time to make this place happen.  We might cross paths up on US95, I spend a lot of my free time in the Council-Cuprum area.

I have a few plans for the truck:

1) better torque converter control ( I have questions!  Will start a new post soon)

2) steering-replace worn components.  It's a bit of a handful to keep it between the lines!

3) pop-up camper.  Four Wheel Camper brand is the dream, but probably out of the budget.  Anyone here have any experience with a pop-up truck bed camper?

4) stop the door rust and some sort of bed liner coating on the lower part of the truck.

5)  erase everything I've ever read about the 53 block from my head?.

I hope you all have a great 4th!

image.jpg

• Like 2

• Owner

I spend a lot of time running between Parma, ID - Ontario, OR and New Meadows, ID I'm sure at some point we'll cross paths. It can happen soon if you wish just call me and we'll make a time to meet. 

2 hours ago, Sawed-off said:

2) steering-replace worn components.  It's a bit of a handful to keep it between the lines!

Typically the track bar and the tie rod ends are the biggest things. You can adjust the steering box to take out slack. 

3) pop-up camper.  Four Wheel Camper brand is the dream, but probably out of the budget.  Anyone here have any experience with a pop-up truck bed camper?

Ask @Me78569 he's had one in his last truck.

4) stop the door rust and some sort of bed liner coating on the lower part of the truck.

I'm going to follow your post on this being the highway salt usage is really high now in Idaho. 

5)  erase everything I've ever read about the 53 block from my head?.

You would want to talk to @cajflynn that covered 1.3 Million mile on a 53 block. 

1) better torque converter control ( I have questions!  Will start a new post soon)

@Dynamic is our site transmission guy that could give you an answer. 

Or @IBMobile for his lock up controller mod.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I found a truck bed camper to be great in theory bad in practice.

It was a pita to load unless the ground was %100 flat, still scary.

Truck drove pretty bad in the passes

You really can't find a good place for wood etc as the truck bed is full

Climbing up into the bed got old.

There are fixes for most of those, but we bought a horse trailer and are updating the living quarters

• Thanks 1

• Owner
19 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I found a truck bed camper to be great in theory bad in practice.

I've done canopy camping and motorhome camping both. Both have a bad issue of once you get to your place you stuck and have no transportation being the truck bed is your living quarter or motorhome your living quarters and vehicle one on the same. This means if you want to travel and sightsee you have to pack up camp to even move. This is why I ditch my canopy and did a tonneau cover and sold my class C motorhome and bought a Jayco travel trailer.

DSCF1970.JPG

DSCF0465.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man