• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AC / heater on off knob

I guy was telling me a story about calif junk yards.

Calif used to require junk yards, by Calif Law, to oil down the dirt lots and equipment work areas to keep the dust down and would inspect and fine the wrecking yards if they didnt spray oil all over the dirt and roads to keep the dust down

Then with the new enviromentaly awareness, glowbowl warming, became popular the state of calif, fined these same junk yard stiff fines $$ for having oil on the dirt because it "damages the enviroment" :cookoo:

I used to live in junk yards, scrounging Hi Perf chevy parts, jeep parts etc etc . I till have a nice collection of chevy sm blk camel hump heads in several different cast numbers and years '60s qne '70s, Big block chevy stuff too

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh , I ran my truck today and the AC and Blower went on OK ......

For some reason, I have a feeling the problem could be the actual Heater / AC control On / Off switch....

But maybe not

Edited by GSP7

• Staff
3 hours ago, GSP7 said:

For some reason, I have a feeling the problem could be the actual Heater / AC control On / Off switch....

They sell those in junkyards.

One yard I use to go to was near 30th and Commercial St near downtown San Diego.   The whole lot was paved in asphalt and concrete.    The environmental people told them they had to put in rain water catch basins along with some other thing so that there would be no hazardous waste run off.   They closed that yard down and moved to Chula Vista where the lot is dirt with no run off protection.   Most of the yards I go into are dirt and the 'pick your part' places have drain pans you can use to catch coolant or oil but not everyone uses them so there is a mess on the ground.   Go figure.

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

They sell those in junkyards.

I see junk yard one on ebay for $50

Problem is Chrysler is known for junk electronics so i figure a junk yard one will probably be bad too or will go bad real quick.

Rock Auto has the them for $265 ish new

Let me know if you pick up a junkyard one cheap and it tests good

Edited by GSP7