• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Egt gauge pegging out under light throttle

I have a glowshift egt gauge that has started acting weird. I hate these gauges and will never buy another, but I'm curious if it is fried or if something is interfeering with it. It works normally, but when under light acceleration or maintaining constant speed, it pegs out at max temps. Once I let off the throttle, goes to current temperature,  or if I'm more aggressive in acceleration,  it returns to normal temp also. I'm horrible with electronics,  so I need your help to determine if its failing or not.

I've had other glowshift gauges in the past, all have failed, this is my last remaining one. The last one the needle just bounced everywhere, there was no consistency to it, which leads me to think this one is done too. Isspro will be my next egt gauge

Mine did that too the one I bought with the quad, I changed the probe and it's all good now. Kind of sucks it only lasted 20k My iss pro that is post turbo been working good has close to 20k on it now too and it's electric over mechanical or something like that. Has a box with some wires that's under dash.