• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Good times and bad times.

I was wondering if someone can help me figure out my truck. Sometimes when I start it up and drive it, it drives like a brand new truck. Sometimes I start it up and drive it, it's a dog. I can't figure out what's causing the problem. Fuel pressure is always the same. 19psi running and 16psi driving. All other gauges are in normal range.

Are there any codes stored when you have the issue and read with a code scanner? 

Do you have anything to live data from the sensors with?  

You are going to have to troubleshoot some before we can give you any insight.

Guest 04Mach1

I would look into a diagnostic scanner that has live sensor data capability. Could be fuel related, could be boost related, could be timing related, could be electrical related due to dirty battery connections or alternator, or even transmission or clutch related depending on if you are auto or manual trans. I would recommend unhooking the Edge for troubleshooting purposes. After the issue is resolved then hook the Edge back up.

I had an issue of my 01 auto running weak and it was a combo of injectors and sticky wastegate causing it. I still have the pesky sticky wastegate that I'll fix someday with a turbo upgrade. I've gotten good at manually closing the wastegate when it sticks open.

I have a feeling it might be something in the trans. Driving it on a good or bad day, I have to push it pretty hard sometimes up a hill (empty with just me in it). I even see a difference when I have 4 or 5 passengers in the truck. Could it be the torque converter? Most of the time I have to get a running strat. But from standing still I could light the tires up if I wanted to. Oh and the problem was there before the edge. I was hoping that the edge would help the truck but it still does the same thing.