• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lack of power

Maybe you could provide a little bit more information.  Does this happen only when you are pulling something out?  Does it ever happen outside of pulling?  Do you have any engine fault codes?  What is your fuel pressure doing during these events?

Simple things to check would be air filter and fuel filter, but if you can provide any mods that are on your truck that would be helpful. 

No mods and no codes. It is straight factory. For instance I was not doing it on purpose to see if I could power braket I only done this to pull it down!! So when doing that it goes to missing poorly and starts acting like a dirty fuel filter. Filter is changed and clean. 350 miles on 25 gals of pulling a livestock trailer,7x24 ft. stock trailer. So a decent size trailer pulled pretty decent until a hill. 60 mph down to 50 mph pretty quick on a moderate hill. No black smoke at all. This truck doesn't smoke at all. Like I said it's all stock expect for the ranch hand bumper and the flatbed that I put on it.

Not sure on fuel pressure. I need to put a mechanical gauge on it.

Not for sure on fuel pressure. 

Sounds like low fuel pressure to me which is going to lead to a new VP44 which will cost you a cool 1200$ or more. Maybhve already killed ur pump. Did you scan for codes with a obd tool or just assumed there was no codes becuase of no cel? 

OT: @Hawkez seen u have a FTE resonated? Thinking about installing one to reduce highway cabin noise. How do you like ours? Could I get an exhaust sound clip?

10 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

OT: @Hawkez seen u have a FTE resonated? Thinking about installing one to reduce highway cabin noise. How do you like ours? Could I get an exhaust sound clip?

I like it a lot.  I don't have much cabin noise or drone.  I'm not sure what an exhaust sound clip is.