• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mouse in my heater/AC fan?

Terrible year for mice in my area, my truck is the only one of my vehicle that have never had any in.  Till this year,  had one get in the fan and get decapitated by the fan.  Had to pull the blower out and remove it.  Truck still smelled like mice the other day, removed the blower again to make sure I had gotten it all out.  Found the head of one in there, cleaned everything up and it's better this morning, I must have gotten everything out.  Has anyone else had a problem with them and where do they get in.   

Bob

Several folks here have had this problem and as I remember the seem to get in thru the cowl at the windshield. I am not one of those but someone will come along and tell you what they to plug the holes for the mice.

Genos have a cab filter that mounts under the windshield wipers. That will keep bees, etc. out of the cab. On both sides of the cowl, near the bottom, there is a gap between the cowl and the fender. I filled those gaps with a stainless steel pot scrubber. You have to pull the cowl cover to see those slots. Some of the mounting studs and nuts will probably get messed up. You can get them at www.clipsandfasteners.com a lot cheaper than the dealer.

• Like 3

Greed,

Thanks for the info. I'll be plugging those holes as soon as it cools off a little. 

I have a 62 Ford Galaxie that I have to leave the windows and truck open so that cats can get in and keep the mice out.

Bob

I live in the middle of wheat country in WA, the Palouse.  When you drive at night during the summer the highways are just crawling with them.  I finally got some more cats and most mornings there's up to six dead mice laying by my front door.  I have six PVC T's that I fill with strychnine oats in my barn and I still have a continual problem.

Bob

How did union town or colton start... My brother in laws great grandfather donated some of his land.  Because train would stop if the train had a spot where they could load grain and had to have mail service.   Trucking too and unloading in Colfax took lots of time.  At the time Colfax was the hub for loading grain from entire area.  

To this day don't go over speed limit, still a part time cop or is that Colton?

Colfax is still pretty much the grain center.  Though just about everything goes to the river and gets loaded on barges.  During the peak of harvest we get 20 - 25 semi's a minute by our place.  

Colfax always hires new cops right out of the academy and their gungho, so yes they'll get you for anything over.  Colton and Uniontown share a cop.

• Owner
3 hours ago, unioncreek said:

I live in the middle of wheat country in WA, the Palouse.  When you drive at night during the summer the highways are just crawling with them.  I finally got some more cats and most mornings there's up to six dead mice laying by my front door.  I have six PVC T's that I fill with strychnine oats in my barn and I still have a continual problem.

Bob

I'm just south of you by about 3 hours. Funny how the Palouse has that problem with all the grain fields up there. Come down here not as much they exist but the hawks and owls tend to pick them off rather quickly. I find squirrel tails in the yard all the time. 

I knew you were in New Meadow, go through about once a year.  My son lives in Boise and we make it down there occasionally.  Would love to live down in your area, but it will be back to MT after I retire in about four years.

Bob

What invasive buggers we see around here are cyclical.  This year was seemingly the year of the rat.  Maybe next year it'll be frogs.....or crickets again.  Not sure why it cant be something edible like chickens... :think:

• Haha 1

No, I have a box on it.  I wanted to put a flatbed on it, but my wife doesn't like the look.   I just repainted my truck last year, it was silver and emerald green. But, the clearcoat failed and she was peeling bad.  Went with a premixed paint (Kirker), it's now Mack Green.  Not as dark green as I had wanted, but it's way better than before.  Picture in the link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BykxqnYc-znfQ1pxU2tIZG5abWF0cm9CZHZfcFlRR2NkNFJB

Bob

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Kind of like this problem... Cab filter packed with corn.

uWXcua5.jpg

The mice packed the headliner of my Galaxie until the seam split.  Haven't had time to put a new one in, but I'm thinking of selling it.

Bob

Edited by unioncreek

3 hours ago, KATOOM said:

What invasive buggers we see around here are cyclical.  This year was seemingly the year of the rat.  Maybe next year it'll be frogs.....or crickets again.  Not sure why it cant be something edible like chickens... :think:

Hey, hey, hey!!! Thats my kin you're looking for. That could be problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3