• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Got the Quadzilla in and working. On power level 4 (add timing) My EGTs have dropped 50 degrees. With the EGT defuel set at 1250 and driving with some restraint I can keep them under 1200 no load. Pulling my trailer on 2 lane roads I shut off the overdrive, run 55 mph at 2150 RPM and my EGTs stay right at 1000. Trailer on the highway I had to rely on my foot and defuel settings. I added an entry level H2O kit. Spray starts at 8 psi and keeps EGTs below 1200. Overall my EGT problem is MUCH better but I still fell like I am missing something?

No boost leaks.

EGT 960 at 74 mph, 1960 RPM, and 2 lbs boost, and 23% load NO TRAILER. Do these numbers look right?

My truck at 74 mph, EGT 650-700, 2250 rpm, 2 or 3 psi of boost, not sure on the load, truck at about 7500 lbs. All on level ground. What size tires are you running? Sounds like that could be part of the problem. The fuels you run might have some bearing on that too but I dont really know. I believe thats been brought up before though. 

13 minutes ago, Jack Owen said:

The boost pressure is what I wondered about. Thanks!

Your boost seems fine, but the EGT's are out of whack. I am not sure that mine is that high with 5th wheel on at 65 to 70 just cruising. More like 850 or so.

• Owner
3 hours ago, Jack Owen said:

EGT 960 at 74 mph, 1960 RPM, and 2 lbs boost, and 23% load NO TRAILER

No. Even my current setup I run 650-700*F at 80 MPH, and barely 24 to 26% engine load. 

Capture+_2018-05-31-15-32-27.png

I suspect it that you running no tuner and got a nasty loss of timing after 20% load so EGT's jump up fast. As you can see I've got 21* of timing during this time and EGT's are lower but ECT is higher because more flame is kept in the cylinder making more power.  

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Yep. Addressed all the usual issues. Now looking for that one little thing that might have been missed. Fuel doesnt change anything.

Thanks. Any idea what your boost pressure is? Your RPM are 300 higher than mine. What does the timing icon look like on the quadzilla?

• Owner
1 hour ago, Jack Owen said:

Any idea what your boost pressure is?

typically at 80 MPH, it's about 5 PSI with my HX35/40 (60/60/12) turbo.

Your RPM are 300 higher than mine.

Dropped the 235's (31-inch) and went to 245's (30-inch) tires which change my final ratio to 3.69 to 1. Reduced the engine load keeping cruise timing longer. Typically my normal cruise speeds range from 45 MPH to 65 MPH. Very rare do I ever see an interstate and travel 80 MPH I might set for 70 MPH.

What does the timing icon look like on the quadzilla?

It looks like a little gauge icon on the far right. Thre is like 4 or 5 of them you'll have to fish that out. 

55 minutes ago, trreed said:

Do you have a dragging brake?  Have you looked at the injector nozzle tips? Something is still goofy.

Agreed

I have bigger injectors then you and can stand on it up a steep hill unloaded and barely crack 1400 just for a second or two. 900-ish cruising is high as others have pointed out.