• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi From England

wil440

Hi... been a member for a while but after a lot of emails reminding of no posts  I decided to get on it.

So Hi from the UK or to be more specific pretty much right in the middle of England.

I imported my first gen 2 myself, 3500 4x4 5.9 petrol ( gas)..... it was at the twin towers cutting steel after 911. It was at a truck dealer in canada when I bought it and moved it back to NJ

and shipped it over here

Just got a 98.5 2500 24v cummins 4x4 bought here.....I have to say my 3500 is smooth, I have owned it for 14yrs, i've used it as a dump truck while I built a house, It can easily pass all euro pickups any where and out tow, out carry in absolute comfort....

Then I got the 2500 diesel..... My day job is a heavy plant mechanic on mainly cat and volvo earthmoving equipment so little cummins is just the ticket, yes it has the 53 block and it's auto, 154k block aint cracked yet...I am heavy footed and I do feel that once it's in lockup it could break the trans no probs, I am having the summer comparing as the 3500 needs both front doors repairing so driving the 2500, oh over here the diesel wins on fuel cost not that it bothers me too much.

As a comparison IF I was to need to drive 500 miles I would chose the 3500 gas, (if the fuel costs were the same) but they are not......

IF I needed to tow the 3500 with both axles seized, trans seized all 4 wheels locked solid up the side of a mountain then the 2500 is the one

The 2500 has a CTM problem so will be posting to get some advice on sorting.

Neil

20161215_134822.jpg

20180331_130203.jpg

• Owner
1 hour ago, wil440 said:

I'd have thought there would be more members from here as it's hard with no dealer

Spread the word we are all willing to help out. I'm sure a lot of the US vendors would be willing to ship over seas. As for Dodge Dealers, most of us don't ever go to a Dodge dealer because of extreme prices.

5 hours ago, wil440 said:

Hi... been a member for a while but after a lot of emails reminding of no posts  I decided to get on it.

I'm glad my bulk emails panned out and got you to finally become vocal in the group. I guess my persistence paid off in the long run.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did my first post on here July 22nd, in a little over 3 weeks I have saved money from not making bad purchases for my truck, I was looking at a K&N intake kit for £170 over here, 5 minutes on here stopped that idea dead, BHAF going to be fitted, also had to use the drivers door lock/window switch from my 3500 as passenger window wouldn't  work on the original switch, was going to buy a used one off of ebay.com (not available here), 5 minutes on here, cut down strips of  wifes nail filer board and switch is good to go, then Chris O has helped me with a CTM something I definetly wouldn't be able to have done here.... :thanks:

On 7/22/2018 at 9:35 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

glad my bulk emails panned out and got you to finally become vocal in the group. I guess my persistence paid off in the long run.

:thumb1:

• Thanks 1