• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CTM (Central Timer Module) problem

Hi,

I'm in England and have a 98.5 24v 2500 4x4 It has a problem with the CTM, some plank had originally connected the drivers door lock wire the wrong way round so drivers unlocked, passengers locked and vises versa so put that right and noticed at the drivers door window switch someone had soldered resistors into the door lock wires ??  I have a 3500 5.9V8 of the same year so pulled the door panel off and checked it, no resistors so I removed them from the 2500, now both doors would only unlock so fitted both drivers and passenger switches from the 3500, it was still the same, I did notice that the passenger window motor now works from the drivers switch so proved I need a drivers doorlock window switch as it didn't work before, after checking the wiring diagram in the service manual I had both supplies out of both door switches, I then pulled the panel off below the steering column to check what CTM my trucks had, both have the High/Premium (same part number) so checked for door lock inputs at the CMT... all ok, checked outputs found only 1 giving 12v the other was giving 0v so I  fitted the 3500 CTM into the 2500, door locks working when ignition is off, I'm going to have to swap it back into the 3500 to check operation (it's a while since I drove it and can't remember) but I need a CTM module, now here in the UK there is no way I can get it programmed to a fob as there are no dealers with the diagnostic equipment to program a module so I need a 56045202AA CTM module with original fob and a drivers door lock/window switch.

This has confused me all day and I'm a earthmover mechanic by trade, the problem here is people who have no clue on what they are doing messing with these trucks, any help or advice would be great

Neil

13 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

wil440, I like your persistance in getting this solved. Welcome to the forum. I'm hoping someone will ring in with an idea for you.

It would seem me and the JAG went to the same electrical school. The University of stick your tongue on the wire and see it its hot!!

Though both of us have made a little progress beyond that.

• Haha 1

Hey but you replied that's a start :) and Jag1, persistant I am but the bit I'm going to struggle with is I'm 3000 miles plus away from a dealer, if I was in the usa I'd fleabag a CMT for $45 and get a dealer to program a fob, does anyone know whether a smarty will reprogram this ??, I did buy a snap on brick but the clues in the name bout as much use as, I have also got bowser electronics software but found out a few months ago they are no more so either a smarty, which probably won't be any use on the 3500 or a snap on rip off new POS, I do actually know a guy with a new snap on thing that would work but he's about as helpful as a poke in the eye with a burnt stick

Yes that's correct but I didn't get the fob when I bought the 2500, I have inputs on p30 and p31 but only one output, can't remember which whether it's p33 or p34, if I connect the CTM from my other truck door locks work with ignition off with it's original fob

So I need a 56045202AA CTM module with original fob, or here's a silly question whats the programming procedure ?, I suppose it can't be done off the truck ?? sorry for the questions

I've contacted someone on fleabay .com who sells modules to ask if they can do a CTM with a fob, I'll see what they say, surely some get broken into parts and the fob is not lost

Not too sure, I looked at the listing but couldn't click on more details ( looking on my mobile not laptop) from china so I'd be very sceptical in it's ability to do anything. I did find a few genuine drbs for sale comparative pricing to snap on

The DRB III emulator does work on later PCI (Dodge Ram 3rd gen) (not CCD 2nd gen) vehicles, read somewhere there may be a Smart Cable for older CCD. (The actual wiTECH is CAN only.)

My beta test tool can program the key fobs but unfortunately it's not available on the market yet.

https://mopar1973man.com/files/file/155-chrysler_ccd_beta_013inoinohex/

IMG_20170901_214154912.jpg.e04b4ad6aae392df29aa7c6955d3d683.jpg

Edited by Chris O.

Thats what I need. also Does anyone know if a high end snap on reader would work as i've thought about getting one as I think it would pay for itself as no one seems to be on the ball here for american vehicles

On 7/22/2018 at 2:46 PM, wil440 said:

So I need a 56045202AA CTM module with original fob, or here's a silly question whats the programming procedure ?, I suppose it can't be done off the truck ?? sorry for the questions

I can get the central timer module and two new key fobs, then do the programming off the truck.

eBay  56045202AA 1998 Dodge RAM 1500 Body Control Module Timing Alarm BCM CTM

Amazon  Car Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote fits Dodge 1999-2002 Ram / 1999-2000 Dakota / 1999-2000 Durango (GQ43VT9T, 56045497), Set of 2   Price:  $32.99

Let me know if you are interested.

• Thanks 1

I am assuming you don't have heated seats option -The Premium CTM controls the optional heated seat system by controlling the operation of the heated seat relay.

2 minutes ago, wil440 said:

Yes i'm up for that solution. One thing, l am in the uk you know. I'd pay for any parts, any time to complete and postage and compensate for any hassle ?

I don't see any issues it's just 3,000 miles:wink:

There is a couple programming options in CTM that can be either enable or disable, but the most important one is the alarm is it enable or not?

I guess the easiest way to find out if the alarm is enabled, simply disconnect the white plug from CTM and try to start the engine.

If the alarm is on the engine will cut out in about 5 Seconds.

EDIT:

The high-line and premium versions of the CTM utilize integrated circuitry and information carried on the Chrysler Collision Detection (CCD) data bus network along with many hard wired inputs to monitor many sensor and switch inputs throughout the vehicle.

The features that the CTM supports or controls include the following:
Automatic Door Lock - The high-line/premium CTM provides an optional automatic door lock feature (also known as rolling door locks). This is a programmable feature.
Central Locking - The high-line/premium CTM provides an optional central locking/unlocking feature.
Chimes - All versions of the CTM provide chime service through an integral chime tone generator.
Courtesy Lamps - The high-line/premium CTM provides courtesy lamp control with timed load shedding.
Door Lock Inhibit - The high-line/premium CTM provides a door lock inhibit feature.
Enhanced Accident Response - The high-line/premium CTM provides an optional enhanced accident response feature. This is a programmable feature.
Heated Seats - The premium CTM controls the optional heated seat system by controlling the operation of the heated seat relay.
Illuminated Entry - The high-line/premium CTM provides a timed illuminated entry feature.
Intermittent Wipe Control - All versions of the CTM provide control of the intermittent wipe delay, and wipe-after-wash features.
Panic Mode - The high-line/premium CTM provides support for the optional RKE system panic mode features.
Power Lock Control - The high-line/premium CTM provides the optional power lock system features, including support for the automatic door lock and door lock inhibit modes.
Programmable Features - The high-line/premium CTM provides support for certain programmable features.
Remote Keyless Entry - The high-line/premium CTM provides the optional Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) system features, including support for the RKE Lock (with optional horn chirp), Unlock, Panic, and illuminated entry modes, as well as the ability to be programmed to recognize up to four RKE transmitters. The RKE horn chirp is a programmable feature.
Remote Radio Switch Interface - The high-line/premium CTM monitors and transmits the status of the optional remote radio switches.
Speed Sensitive Intermittent Wipe Control - The high-line/premium CTM provides the speed sensitive intermittent wipe feature.
Vehicle Theft Alarm - The high-line/premium CTM provides control of the optional Vehicle Theft Alarm features, including support for the central locking/unlocking mode.

• Like 1