• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rattlesnake Fire, Idaho - 2018

• Owner

I'm alive this morning barely with 5 hours of sleep.

Fire is less than one mile from my doorstep. The fire was human caused is far as I will report right now. Started about 11am Monday about 3 miles away. It's managed to run south along the ridge now headed towards home. I'm happy to say that just Sunday I built a new irrigation dam for my neighbor on the south side of me. My dam was full and doing awesome. I've got to get the sprinklers fire up this morning before I head back to work the tender. Yup, I've got the 4,000-gallon water tender (Cummins Big Cam 400) again. 

Please say a few prayers for my neighbors and myself there has been no loss of life or property as of right now but we are fighting hard to protect everyone.  

20180723_165317.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

Yeah, poor MoparMom is not feeling all that hot from the heavy smoke. I've called in to stay at home so today task for me is to move the sprinklers behind the houses and get the mountain as wet as possible. I'm worn down pretty good from the long days and lack of sleep. I'm still holding my own for the time.

20180724_102353.jpg

This a very rare set up where USFS had us pumping water across the Little Salmon River. 

Basically, our task has been to follow USFS and get the black laid in behind homes and areas of steep terrain to keep roll out from starting below the firelines. Yeah, I learned that yesterday when I backed in a road to service an engine with a load of water by the time I got done filling his tank and spun my head around the roll out, had dumped a firebrand below the road and had us trapped. Now we had to fight the fire to get back out of that dead-end road. Not fun... Kind of on the spooky side. 

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yeah, poor MoparMom is not feeling all that hot from the heavy smoke. I've called in to stay at home so today task for me is to move the sprinklers behind the houses and get the mountain as wet as possible. I'm worn down pretty good from the long days and lack of sleep. I'm still holding my own for the time.

20180724_102353.jpg

This a very rare set up where USFS had us pumping water across the Little Salmon River. 

Basically, our task has been to follow USFS and get the black laid in behind homes and areas of steep terrain to keep roll out from starting below the firelines. Yeah, I learned that yesterday when I backed in a road to service an engine with a load of water by the time I got done filling his tank and spun my head around the roll out, had dumped a firebrand below the road and had us trapped. Now we had to fight the fire to get back out of that dead-end road. Not fun... Kind of on the spooky side. 

Prayers your way man. Are you a firefighter or just trying to help out?

• Owner
5 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Are you a firefighter or just trying to help out?

Yes Sir...Been with the Salmon River Rural Fire Dept over 15 years and also rank as a Station Captain. I'm the Chief right-hand man for most things on the fire. Matter of fact yesterday I was breaking in a Green Horn and getting him lined out and teaching him the ropes. 

Old photo... But of my award dinners where I put in massive hours. 

DSCF1551.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1