• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Mopar1973Man

Rattlesnake Fire, Idaho - 2018

Posted (edited)

I'm alive this morning barely with 5 hours of sleep.

Fire is less than one mile from my doorstep. The fire was human caused is far as I will report right now. Started about 11am Monday about 3 miles away. It's managed to run south along the ridge now headed towards home. I'm happy to say that just Sunday I built a new irrigation dam for my neighbor on the south side of me. My dam was full and doing awesome. I've got to get the sprinklers fire up this morning before I head back to work the tender. Yup, I've got the 4,000-gallon water tender (Cummins Big Cam 400) again. 

Please say a few prayers for my neighbors and myself there has been no loss of life or property as of right now but we are fighting hard to protect everyone.  

20180723_165317.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

Your doing a fantastic job. Prayers from Oregon.

Are you getting help from outside your area?

Prayers from the Carolinas for both of you and your neighbors. Wish we could send you some of this rain we are getting right now.

Prayers from New Mexico and Colorado. 

Just getting back out of the field for some training and saw the rattlesnake fire and figured it was close, but I didn’t realize it was this close!

Stay safe. 

Keep praying everyone.... we have not heard an update for quite awhile now .

Posted (edited)

I made another day. The smoke is thick and hard on every one. Mom is having trouble with the smoke. Might have to sit out tomorrow. See what happens in the morning.

Less than a mile now. Post more in the morning.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Yeah, poor MoparMom is not feeling all that hot from the heavy smoke. I've called in to stay at home so today task for me is to move the sprinklers behind the houses and get the mountain as wet as possible. I'm worn down pretty good from the long days and lack of sleep. I'm still holding my own for the time.

20180724_102353.jpg

This a very rare set up where USFS had us pumping water across the Little Salmon River. 

Basically, our task has been to follow USFS and get the black laid in behind homes and areas of steep terrain to keep roll out from starting below the firelines. Yeah, I learned that yesterday when I backed in a road to service an engine with a load of water by the time I got done filling his tank and spun my head around the roll out, had dumped a firebrand below the road and had us trapped. Now we had to fight the fire to get back out of that dead-end road. Not fun... Kind of on the spooky side. 

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yeah, poor MoparMom is not feeling all that hot from the heavy smoke. I've called in to stay at home so today task for me is to move the sprinklers behind the houses and get the mountain as wet as possible. I'm worn down pretty good from the long days and lack of sleep. I'm still holding my own for the time.

20180724_102353.jpg

This a very rare set up where USFS had us pumping water across the Little Salmon River. 

Basically, our task has been to follow USFS and get the black laid in behind homes and areas of steep terrain to keep roll out from starting below the firelines. Yeah, I learned that yesterday when I backed in a road to service an engine with a load of water by the time I got done filling his tank and spun my head around the roll out, had dumped a firebrand below the road and had us trapped. Now we had to fight the fire to get back out of that dead-end road. Not fun... Kind of on the spooky side. 

Prayers your way man. Are you a firefighter or just trying to help out?

5 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Are you a firefighter or just trying to help out?

Yes Sir...Been with the Salmon River Rural Fire Dept over 15 years and also rank as a Station Captain. I'm the Chief right-hand man for most things on the fire. Matter of fact yesterday I was breaking in a Green Horn and getting him lined out and teaching him the ropes. 

Old photo... But of my award dinners where I put in massive hours. 

DSCF1551.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you guys gaining any ground on the fire? Also maybe get MoparMom out of the valley for some clean air.:burnout:

Safety to you, your family and neighbors. Hope everyone gets through this without any injuries or loss of property.  

How far is the fire from your home now?

Is there an official name for this fire?  Trying to follow it on the news.  Is it the rattlesnake creek fire listed here?  http://www.idahofireinfo.com/

Scary man! I hope your house is untouched by this fire.  What kind of resources do you have to protect the house? Got that 4000 gal water tender?  Did you mention you have a damn filled with water and sprinklers going?  To wet down the local brush/grasses/fuels? Hang in there!

So far so good. I've been cruising the ATV and running back and forth to keep a pair of eyes on the movement. Sprinklers are going behind the houses. Dam is still running strong feeding 3 homes and no issues. My neighbor lost his dam something failed and the water stop flowing. Unknown as of yet. It looks like USFS is going to keep the fire up on the ridge behind us. Now if the Good Lord allows us to keep water and nothing burns my waterline laying in the ditch behind the house. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So prevailing winds are blowing up toward the ridge not toward your home? An easterly wind is good right? :pray:

Coming from the east I mean.

Edited by JAG1