• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transmission Behavior

Bought truck a couple of months back and am not happy with towing performance, so planning on upgrading injectors to add some more power. Might go 100 hp, just need to decide on type and size. Probably will need a tuner of some type too, leaning towards the Quadzilla Adrenaline.

I believe the trans has been built, it does have a billet converter, but that is all I know about it.  Might drop the pan and see if I can find out more about it.  47RE trans, shifts well, firm and no hunting, but just wondering if it is normal for rpms to drop back to 900 when coasting.

4.10 rear end, running 265/80/17 rubber.

The term built can mean so many different things.

If it was mine the first thing I'd do is hook a pressure gauge up and drive it..

If it's only making 90-100 psi converter locked at wot I'd then suspect its stock or very near it.

I also wouldn't believe it's got a billett converter unless I saw it with my own eyes.

If pressure is stock I think I'd order the transgo diesel shift kit, install it and possibly do the valve body mod to be able to lock second gear.

Would be a fun project

I'm thinking about doing the 2nd gear lock mod on mine because I do a fair amount of towing in 2nd gear

I'd just do the power mods regardless. Tranny will get down as needed.

I've been talking to the guys at power driven diesel in Utah and think if I ever need another tranny that I'll go with one of theres