• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Slush box rebuild kits

Guest 04Mach1

Guest 04Mach1

I don't have too much knowledge on building a reliable 47RE slush box for the 01. Seems everyone buys a built to order unit and I haven't found too much real world info for a DIY'er such as myself on good non-OEM kits. I have built quite a few gasser automatics but always to OEM specs but never to harness more power.

I recently aquired a core 47RE that I plan to build. I've been looking at Suncoast rebuild kits. The 01 is gonna get a few more upgrades in the future but is never going to be wild so I don't think I need to build a $10,000 transmission.

I was thinking of getting the Suncoast STAGE 1 KIT.

What's y'alls opinions on which kits have the quality parts for a reliable 47RE slush box that could hold 650-700 ft. lbs. flywheel torque easily.