• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

advice on rv or 5th wheel

43 minutes ago, wil440 said:

? these 2 storms blew in from the west on the jet stream which is moving in upper atmos at 250mph, we seem to getting storm after storm coming over from you guys, at least it's not cold, we only get cold when wind is from north or east, and whatever we do here on climate I very much doubt its going  to change the JS one bit

We have one day next week without rain .....oh joy

Sounds about like the weather we are having in the southeast us. More rain than dry days. Cant get anything done for it.

1 minute ago, JAG1 said:

I like 5th wheels better than any other type RV and I own a truck camper :lol:. Does it really cost you guys double what we pay for fuel out here?  

Oh yes. We're at £1.28 plus per litre so about £5.80 for uk gallon which is a little bigger than USA gallon, diesel is more than petrol/gas. Costs £130 to £150 to fill the ram. So about $7.56 per gallon

Last time out with my travel trailer cost £400 to £500 in fuel for less than 200 mile from home I did use the truck through the week though but not a huge amount

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Someone is making money, that's expensive. Are wages even with expenses then? Like electrical contractors charge around 110- 120  bucks an hour here. What's it out your way?

I doubt electrical contractors are anywhere near that, would be around £100 ish converted to £. I might earn £200 per day and I'm well paid. Thing is our nhs is free, we have social security payments, state pension which is 9k per yr and rises with inflation, tax has to pay for it all.

• Staff
11 hours ago, wil440 said:

I doubt electrical contractors are anywhere near that, would be around £100 ish converted to £. I might earn £200 per day and I'm well paid. Thing is our nhs is free, we have social security payments, state pension which is 9k per yr and rises with inflation, tax has to pay for it all.

What is nhs? Yeah as far as what electrical contractors are charging, that's not what they make, I think they pay their guys around 35-55 an hour. Contractor has a lot of overhead and insurance which is expensive.

1 minute ago, JAG1 said:

What is nhs? Yeah as far as what electrical contractors are charging, that's not what they make, I think they pay their guys around 35-55 an hour. Contractor has a lot of overhead and insurance which is expensive.

NHS   national health service. All free from a tooth filling to open heart

• Staff

Thank you wil440, dental is expensive here and have to pay out of pocket 2,000 bucks for my worse tooth which needs a root canal and color matched crown. So it sounds like you have other benefits that help and about rounds everything out. :wink:

Edited by JAG1

wow 2k for a tooth repair I guess open heart is a sell your home deal

My Dad beffore he died was very ill for maybe 10 years with copd which is lung related due to fumes and dust everything totally free he must have spent months in total in hospital, it's all swings and roundabouts and greener on other side of fence, it all has to be paid for one way or the other, ours is tax..... yours is lower overall tax but paid out of pocket... same difference

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff

So.... how did the fifth wheel do in all your rain? It's good time to check for leaks when it gets stormy. I had several when my camper was new. I'm in rain country also and had the mindset that if there are no leaks I better look harder and it paid off.:thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, JAG1 said:

So.... how did the fifth wheel do in all your rain? It's good time to check for leaks when it gets stormy. I had several when my camper was new. I'm in rain country also and had the mindset that if there are no leaks I better look harder and it paid off.:thumb1:

5th delivery postponed due to storm Dennis. To be fair it's on the east coast a fair bit further north than me and east coast seas and wind can be especially bad so probably a good call, going to try for next Sunday.... we'll see

• Thanks 1

got delivered yesterday, decent weather for a change yesterday and today, back to terrible for tomorrow though, we spent yesterday and today checking everything over, all working good and as it should be, going away in it on the 5th March for 5 days so going to get water to it and check that all works ok but I've no reason to think it won't be all good.

Been a while since we bought it and we'd forgotten how clean it was.

2 slides in the lounge area one each side makes for a large open space

20200223_154614[1].jpg

20200223_154636[1].jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

That is big even for here.  Mine is 27.5' (8.4m) from king pin to back bumper and I have trouble fitting in nation park campgrounds.

I did look at a 38 footer but decided it was way too long