• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Exhaust Backpressure Gauge

I like having my exhaust backpressure gauge, but right now its just a loose gauge by my gear shifter.  My cheap-o glowshift pyrometer gauge crapped out (I still have the Edge pyrometer which is the one I monitor) so I'm thinking of replacing the pyrometer gauge in my A-pillar pod with an exhaust back pressure gauge to clean things up and make it easier to see.  From what I can tell, the only difference between a mechanical air pressure, boost, or exhaust pressure gauge from Autometer ore Isspro is the letters on the face of the gauge and the exhaust back pressure gauge comes with a length of copper tubing (which I don't need because I have a stainless part that came with my exhaust brake).

Does anybody have any input on this?  I'd like to do a bunch of things in one go to save time (and the new cd player I am getting has a bluetooth mike that I will have to run down the A-Pillar).  I might also try to do my headliner if I can find the material and what glue to use.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 7/29/2018 at 3:00 PM, Timburrr said:

Does anybody have any input on this?  I'd like to do a bunch of things in one go to save time (and the new cd player I am getting has a bluetooth mike that I will have to run down the A-Pillar). 

I'll take a picture of my A pillar on my lunch. The truck had a 2 "pod" A pillar setup when I bought it but none of the gauges worked. I had this suction cup/magnetic phone holder (scosche brand), 2 open slots, a Roto-Zip if anyone has seen one of those before they are awesome for cutting holes in plastic stuff such as an A pillar. I had a stereo with a mic but never mounted the mic. I borrowed the fiance's wood burning kit and used it to melt the phone holder to my A pillar and stuck the magnetic plate it came with to the back of my Edge. Used the rotozip to cut a hole for the mic and edge cables. I think it turned out sweet. I still need to sand it down and paint it to match but I like it. Only thing I might do would be consider putting the mount in the upper of thr 2 holes. 

20180913_133426.jpg

20180913_133419.jpg

20180913_133431.jpg

Edited by 2000Ram2500
Add pictures