• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

02 smoking on startup and while driving till temp

Hey guys, 

So the truck will let out huge cloud if sitting for a few days. Clears up to just a little haze right away. Idle for a min then driveaway smokes till the truck is warm. Then gone and cant make it smoke and runs to what I think is perfect. 

If ran everyday the first startup puff of smoke is small but still smokes till up to temp. I have ran a bottle cleaner with little inprovement. 

Have been reading for awhile on line now with out any great success. Thinking hoping only injectors cause I wouldnt mind upgrading anyway. 

Anyone have this same problem. 

Thats no good. I only have about 70k on that pump. Running two stroke the hole time. 

So this thing is just going quit one day then. 

The last one was at 117k and got the dead peddle.

Ok great link thanks. 

I have to see if any codes come back. I just checked again and still nothing from the last few days. 

If i dont get the 0216 code do you think my issue could just be injectors. Like maybe a sticky one or something? 

Ok, I understand that if I have that code it will be the pump. 

But I’m not 100% that the 0216 was the code that was with the 500 code. It may have been the 1693. 

The 0216 should come pretty quick tho if thats what was there before right? 

I wouldn't wait to long, you got signs of vp going if it was me I'd be getting one. What pump do you have now, where did it come from. 

On occasion I have some whiteish smoke but no codes, latly I've been getting some smoke on start up but it's more gray and smells like burning oil :ahhh: I just had my head redone last summer and had new guides put it, sure hope it's just a defective valve seal and not a wore out guide. I'll do oil analysis to see if I got some excessive brass in there, I hope not, I'll be pissed and trading it in for a 4th gen like some people here :shifty:, deleted of course. 

But then again I'm mostly talk....

2 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I wouldn't wait to long, you got signs of vp going if it was me I'd be getting one. What pump do you have now, where did it come from. 

On occasion I have some whiteish smoke but no codes, latly I've been getting some smoke on start up but it's more gray and smells like burning oil :ahhh: I just had my head redone last summer and had new guides put it, sure hope it's just a defective valve seal and not a wore out guide. I'll do oil analysis to see if I got some excessive brass in there, I hope not, I'll be pissed and trading it in for a 4th gen like some people here :shifty:, deleted of course. 

But then again I'm mostly talk....

Its a stock replacement from BD diesel. 

Ya I would love to get my hands on a 4th gen crew cab long box. There is a nice 12 close to me just dont have the cash. Want this one to last me a few more years yet. Not a good time for my VP to be taking a s**t

• Owner
10 hours ago, Reg02 said:

Its a stock replacement from BD diesel. 

Ya I would love to get my hands on a 4th gen crew cab long box. There is a nice 12 close to me just dont have the cash. Want this one to last me a few more years yet. Not a good time for my VP to be taking a s**t

You think the VP44 is expensive what till you changing injectors on a 4th gen and the nearly $4,000 price tag. 

• Sad 1