• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom pv1 tuning

It’s set on 8* by default, bout the only thing I’ve change was the max fueling from 1200 to 1800

55 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

old quad said 8* was pushing it on those old tunes.   fueling it is hard to mess anything up.  

I would update to new tuning and the iquad.

I’m pretty sure the super chips I had on it before the quad had a lot more timing... so it seemed

• 2 months later...

You knew it had more timing by feel? How so?

Cause if you felt less pull in the higher RPM range and lower EGTs, then you had a lot of timing. if you keep pulling hard in the higher RPM range and have higher EGTs: you have less timing...

I always tuned my truck with the old tuning to pull timing in the upper RPM range. 

17 hours ago, jigabop said:

I always tuned my truck with the old tuning to pull timing in the upper RPM range. 

:shifty: and how did you accomplish that?   

old Quadzilla lied about some stuff lololol

Edited by Me78569

Set timing scale % lower. 

I can't say whether or not it worked as they originally intended it, but dialing the scale back certainly made my truck behave better in higher RPM...

my truck hated higher timing in higher RPMs when scale was at 100%. 

It liked about 6.5° @ 45%-55% timing scale 

scaling was literally just a / of timing.  It didnt work in the way they said it did.  Old Quad was a interesting dude, but wasn't always %100 honest.

I remember the first time I datalogged the fueling and timing commands with the old tunes lol.  timing was maxed at 30*+ of timing by 2500 rpm if boost was up  :lmao:  balls to the wall

IE setting timing at 6.5* would give you 6.5* of timing max, if you set scaling to %50 it just took timing and / 2 across the board lol.   OR exactly the same and just using 3.25* of timing and %100 scaling;.   

from the looks of the code it seemed as if they just "gave up" on trying to do the scaling stuff lol.   

regardlessI fixed that so it now works like they intended it to for the timing reduction scaling.  

Edited by Me78569

2 minutes ago, jigabop said:

if only I had access to source code... I would have had a v2 tuning DIY Frankenstein monitor cooked up on an arduino or raspberry pi board with a TFT screen attached to it :lmao:

100.gif

I can't even imagine what that would take lol.

5 hours ago, Me78569 said:

100.gif

I can't even imagine what that would take lol.

haha arduino isn't so bad. It's pretty much made for DIY robotics and such. they make monitors for arduino you can program GUI's on and touch operate. OS not required. 

I’d love to update to v2 but on the other hand I like having my hardwired screen.

wish they would have an option for an updated full color screen something better than the edge screen, it would pull more attention to quadzilla for sure

they are working on a screen.

however you are experiencing the pain of using outdated hardware right now.   An app is x100 easier to update as time goes on.  The update for v2 to work with the iquad app took a 10 minute change of the online file ot link the new tuning to the app.    

if you spend money on a dedicated screen you are stuck with the hardware, as time goes on that hardware becomes outdated and your are forced into a cycle of updating hardware as new stuff comes out.

and with the app you are stuck with BT connection issues and trying to fiddle with it while you're driving to get it connected, or sitting parked with the truck running for 10 minutes before you can leave while you try to get the app to connect...

btw as mike has also confirmed...the 30 second auto reconnect DOESN'T WORK! I left it for a couple minutes and all it did was sit there doing nothing. 

Also don't like the default gauges it chooses. I like the digital output gauges better. Be nice if that could be set as the default gauge screen.