• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DPF Regeneration

Guest 04Mach1

Guest 04Mach1

Truck had an active fault for DPF soot load high and SCR conversion efficiency low. After about an hour of Regeneration and approximately 5 gallons of diesel fuel burned the soot load fault went inactive. Might be a DEF ball in ATD preventing the DEF from reaching the SCR Catalyst or defunct NOx sensor. Conversion efficiency has to be 85% or greater at all times to make the fault go inactive. I just replaced the cylinder head from a dropped valve which caused the engine to run dirty so I may try another Regen to see if NOx output from the SCR cleans up some more. I don't think I ever will own a EPA10 or newer diesel engine because of the constant ATD issues. Here's a pic of some of the ATD instrumentation on my diagnostic laptop.

IMG_20180808_190457.jpg

Guest 04Mach1

Had another Detroit DD15 with 3 injectors failing. Replaced the 6 pack of injectors and babied the Regen to clean out the fuel soaked ATD  trying to keep it under 1400*F. Here's a shot of the screen showing NOx out is higher than going in due how fuel soaked the ATD was.

Gotta love them Common Rail injectors.

IMG_20180813_141251.jpg