• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

4X4 bearing Hubs and ABS Discussion....

You guys must have the last of the "good" women out there...there's no more left for us single guys.  The quality of the single woman has severely degraded in recent years.  My standards are not unreasonable and mainly don't focus on looks but it still seems that none qualify.  My man toy collection just keeps growing and my truck keeps getting new trinkets cuz I don't have a woman to spend money on.  Sometimes I get confused if that is a good thing or a bad thing... 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bullet said:

You guys must have the last of the "good" women out there...there's no more left for us single guys.  The quality of the single woman has severely degraded in recent years.  My standards are not unreasonable and mainly don't focus on looks but it still seems that none qualify.  My man toy collection just keeps growing and my truck keeps getting new trinkets cuz I don't have a woman to spend money on.  Sometimes I get confused if that is a good thing or a bad thing... 

You're absolutely right. And it's dammed if do or don't kinda thing. I love having a family but crap that comes with, is not for everyone that's for sure. 

• Like 1

• Staff

We are empty nesters. Raised three daughters that are all doing very good. I'd do it again too, but it's got to be a lot harder to do these days. Sheesh, just like the home we built.... I don't think we could afford it the way things are now. In 96 building permits for everything was 3500 bucks now they are between 9 and 13 grand for same situation. More in place restrictions too. Seems like everything is getting like that.... just more difficulty :think:

DieselFuture loosing your hearing when old helps a lot man.:cheers:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, Bullet said:

I recently read that it costs approximately $250k to birth, feed, cloth, educate and support one child to age 18 these days.  That article was very effective birth control for me.  

That ain't CHICKEN feed neither.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Jag if you don't mind I'll post here again. Just had someone scan my ABS problem and it showing front left sensor dropping out randomly. I don't think it's the wheel bearing or a senso. Original wheel bearings did it, then I put new sensors on them and it did it again and now I have new Timken wheel bearings with new sensors and it's doing it again so it has to be in the wiring. Any thoughts anyone. 20181123_143746.jpg.775763cf9737e08b2e85a73542465e61.jpg

• Owner

Bad wheel bearing. The tone wheel is breaking loose from the hub. This is how mine failed. The bear was fine but the tone wheel would get lose and create the same cutting out of speed signal on the one hub. I tested all my wiring by ohm test from pin to pin and no problems found. You can jumper from pin to pin at the wheel. Then ohm out at the ABS module. Mine all reported like 0.1 to 0.2 ohms which is a passing grade. But seeing the speed reported the tone ring would spin free and drop the speed signal. Replace the bearing problem gone. 

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Replace the bearing problem gone. 

I see what your saying and it makes sense, but these are brand new Timkens I just put in, and the whole reason I did it is I thought my other ones were going bad and throwing the abs light. Although the ones I took off were still tight and no movement at all no noise, nothing. What are the chances of having same issues with different bearings. I'm going to play with wireing and see if I can find a lose wire. Do you have a diagram for these abs wires where they go to module, which wires to probe? 

Well wires all checked out. I got 0.01 on wires and 1.0 on sensors. After i screwd around and drove few times today light hasn't come back yet. I'm still leaning towards a lose wire. Kinda like @dripley and his electrical ghost. These trucks are hunted period.... I think I'll just start treating it like I don't care see if it helps. 

Just now, Dieselfuture said:

Well wires all checked out. I got 0.01 on wires and 1.0 on sensors. After i screwd around and drove few times today light hasn't come back yet. I'm still leaning towards a lose wire. Kinda like @dripley and his electrical ghost. These trucks are hunted period.... I think I'll just start treating it like I don't care see if it helps. 

All my MAP problems went away when I repaired the 5v supply that fed all the other sensors. There is a separate 5v supply for the MAP. Then my engine surging that came back quit when the weather cooled and I quit using the AC. If I turn the AC on it will start again. Turn the AC and engine off and it is gone after restart. Ghosts is better description. My brake and ABS lights were on a while back so I replaced all three sensors and the 2 front unit bearings and they stayed on for about 3 months maybe and went off. Still have not come back on. 

Glad something going your way.

• Like 1

• Owner
9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Keep us posted.