Jump to content
JAG1

4X4 bearing Hubs and ABS Discussion....

Recommended Posts

One of mine failed 2 days after replacing the first one. Took me 3 week ends to do the first one myself. That thing just did not want to come apart. This was before I knew about forums or such. But the other failed right after repairing that one and it was exciting to say the least. Fortunately is was empty and only going about 40 mph and I was only a mile from the job. Got mobile mechanic that worked for my grader to fix that one. Thats when I learned the true meaning BFH. I had no idea you could beat on something so hard and not destroy everything around it.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

 

I think DieselFuture takes his girlfriends on dates to wrecking yards and auto parts stores :lol:

I used to :whistle:, but now my wife even hates when I start my truck let alone go anywhere in it :shifty:

She was all nice when we first met, little did I know :lmao:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I used to :whistle:, but now my wife even hates when I start my truck let alone go anywhere in it :shifty:

She was all nice when we first met, little did I know :lmao:

Should have seen my wifes face when I took her to Maryland with me for my last trip to that job. She wanted to take the Saturn. Me in the Saturn for an 8 hour, no fricking way. So after cleaning the cab and hosing down the inside with Fabreeze, I grabbed all of her air fresheners out of the Saturn and stuck them on all my vents in the cab. My popularity went up a couple notches on that move. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dripley said:

Should have seen my wifes face when I took her to Maryland with me for my last trip to that job. She wanted to take the Saturn. Me in the Saturn for an 8 hour, no fricking way. So after cleaning the cab and hosing down the inside with Fabreeze, I grabbed all of her air fresheners out of the Saturn and stuck them on all my vents in the cab. My popularity went up a couple notches on that move. 

Wish it was as easy as air freshener ha ha 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

Wish it was as easy as air freshener ha ha 

Some days are easier than others if you know what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dripley said:

Some days are easier than others if you know what I mean.

Yeap, keep your mouth shut and do as they say, then life is good. 

I just can't help myself sometimes as you all know already :duh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys must have the last of the "good" women out there...there's no more left for us single guys.  The quality of the single woman has severely degraded in recent years.  My standards are not unreasonable and mainly don't focus on looks but it still seems that none qualify.  My man toy collection just keeps growing and my truck keeps getting new trinkets cuz I don't have a woman to spend money on.  Sometimes I get confused if that is a good thing or a bad thing... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bullet said:

You guys must have the last of the "good" women out there...there's no more left for us single guys.  The quality of the single woman has severely degraded in recent years.  My standards are not unreasonable and mainly don't focus on looks but it still seems that none qualify.  My man toy collection just keeps growing and my truck keeps getting new trinkets cuz I don't have a woman to spend money on.  Sometimes I get confused if that is a good thing or a bad thing... 

You're absolutely right. And it's dammed if do or don't kinda thing. I love having a family but crap that comes with, is not for everyone that's for sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are empty nesters. Raised three daughters that are all doing very good. I'd do it again too, but it's got to be a lot harder to do these days. Sheesh, just like the home we built.... I don't think we could afford it the way things are now. In 96 building permits for everything was 3500 bucks now they are between 9 and 13 grand for same situation. More in place restrictions too. Seems like everything is getting like that.... just more difficulty :think:

 

DieselFuture loosing your hearing when old helps a lot man.:cheers:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently read that it costs approximately $250k to birth, feed, cloth, educate and support one child to age 18 these days.  That article was very effective birth control for me.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bullet said:

I recently read that it costs approximately $250k to birth, feed, cloth, educate and support one child to age 18 these days.  That article was very effective birth control for me.  

That ain't CHICKEN feed neither.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bullet said:

I recently read that it costs approximately $250k to birth, feed, cloth, educate and support one child to age 18 these days.  That article was very effective birth control for me.  

 

Maybe that why I've never had kids nor been married yet. :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

 

Maybe that why I've never had kids nor been married yet. :whistle:

You don't know what your missing, it's worth it at the end of day, when you fall asleep cause you just can't move anymore :lmao:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jag if you don't mind I'll post here again. Just had someone scan my ABS problem and it showing front left sensor dropping out randomly. I don't think it's the wheel bearing or a senso. Original wheel bearings did it, then I put new sensors on them and it did it again and now I have new Timken wheel bearings with new sensors and it's doing it again so it has to be in the wiring. Any thoughts anyone. 20181123_143746.jpg.775763cf9737e08b2e85a73542465e61.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad wheel bearing. The tone wheel is breaking loose from the hub. This is how mine failed. The bear was fine but the tone wheel would get lose and create the same cutting out of speed signal on the one hub. I tested all my wiring by ohm test from pin to pin and no problems found. You can jumper from pin to pin at the wheel. Then ohm out at the ABS module. Mine all reported like 0.1 to 0.2 ohms which is a passing grade. But seeing the speed reported the tone ring would spin free and drop the speed signal. Replace the bearing problem gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Replace the bearing problem gone. 

I see what your saying and it makes sense, but these are brand new Timkens I just put in, and the whole reason I did it is I thought my other ones were going bad and throwing the abs light. Although the ones I took off were still tight and no movement at all no noise, nothing. What are the chances of having same issues with different bearings. I'm going to play with wireing and see if I can find a lose wire. Do you have a diagram for these abs wires where they go to module, which wires to probe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well wires all checked out. I got 0.01 on wires and 1.0 on sensors. After i screwd around and drove few times today light hasn't come back yet. I'm still leaning towards a lose wire. Kinda like @dripley and his electrical ghost. These trucks are hunted period.... I think I'll just start treating it like I don't care see if it helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dieselfuture said:

Well wires all checked out. I got 0.01 on wires and 1.0 on sensors. After i screwd around and drove few times today light hasn't come back yet. I'm still leaning towards a lose wire. Kinda like @dripley and his electrical ghost. These trucks are hunted period.... I think I'll just start treating it like I don't care see if it helps. 

All my MAP problems went away when I repaired the 5v supply that fed all the other sensors. There is a separate 5v supply for the MAP. Then my engine surging that came back quit when the weather cooled and I quit using the AC. If I turn the AC on it will start again. Turn the AC and engine off and it is gone after restart. Ghosts is better description. My brake and ABS lights were on a while back so I replaced all three sensors and the 2 front unit bearings and they stayed on for about 3 months maybe and went off. Still have not come back on. 

 Glad something going your way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Well wires all checked out. I got 0.01 on wires and 1.0 on sensors. After i screwd around and drove few times today light hasn't come back yet. I'm still leaning towards a lose wire. Kinda like @dripley and his electrical ghost. These trucks are hunted period.... I think I'll just start treating it like I don't care see if it helps. 

 

Keep us posted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×