• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Long term storage

So work just let me know i need to go overseas for a job. I might be gone for 3 weeks or up to 15 months. what have you guys done to keep these trucks to maintain them in storage. 

already plan on unplugging the batteries and putting them on a battery tender, putting it on jacks to attempt to save the tires since they are only 4 months old now. 

Figured put some desiccant and rat poison in the cab also.

what do you recommend for the fuel, Fill it all the way up or run till almost empty? 

• Owner

If you seen all the fire truck that we have that are diesel just stuff in a barely heated shed. They sit for long periods without being touched. Then they are fired up and driven hard to a fire. I seriously wouldn't bother doing anything special. Just park it. Then when you go to use it check all your fluids before starting. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If you seen all the fire truck that we have that are diesel just stuff in a barely heated shed. They sit for long periods without being touched. Then they are fired up and driven hard to a fire. I seriously wouldn't bother doing anything special. Just park it. Then when you go to use it check all your fluids before starting. 

Thats what I've always done with everyone vehicle I've let sit, looks like the dodge it getting the same treatment then! 

6 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Wet side of state as in your location or not on wet side of cascades?

Over on the island, in freeland

I'm near seatac, parked a Ford with Dana axle and the exposed part on gear that is exposed had rust on it.   Didn't find out till hooked up to heavy RV and rear end made crunching noise.  Not the whole gear, just the part of gear exposed to our wet air.  About 2000 grit sand paper very slight sanding and good rinsing, no more problem.  

Good wax job

Coolant that is good "time wise" thru your deployment

Heater/defrost is in off position.  

Dash cover

Call base auto shop and ask what problems they have seen.  

Tank full would be less condensation, but 13 months not that big of deal imo.

Part of the price we pay I guess for our weather... in other news, inlaws other side of state basically (Lewiston ID) reached 111 and our side 88?

On 8/9/2018 at 9:48 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I typically pull the storage fuse clips in the cab fuse box to prevent battery drain. Once a week plug in the battery charger for about an hour 2 Amp charge. This way you don't have to pull the batteries and battery drain shouldn't happen.

Which fuses do you pull to keep batteries from draining

• 3 weeks later...