• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need help think I may have a bad ecm

Did you check cables below drivers batter to see if they're loose.

From sounds of it you need to get good crisp battery connections going.

You might also check battery voltage with cables unhooked.  One battery might read 12.4 and the other 10 that's no good.

I'd also check battery connection on starter its probly loose with 10 years of mud and oil on it..

Does cruise control work?? 

2 hours ago, Evan said:

Are you talking about the grid heater solenoids?

2 hours ago, Evan said:

Are you talking about the grid heater solenoids?

I'm also guessing the converter is locking and unlocking at cruise speeds in both 3rd and 4th.

My hunch now that your cruise control is wacky is that you are nearly having voltage issues. 

The cable connections below the drivers battery I honestly dont know what they are but I know them being loose caused me to have similar issues as you.

You need to go through and clean every battery connection on the truck wether you think it pertains to your issues or not.

I asked about the cruise control because I had granny issue where my torque converter wouldnt hold cruise also didnt work.

Regardless wether your computer is bad these issues need to be looked into and can often be fixed for free. 

• Like 1

My truck is a manual 5 speed so no I'm not having those issues.  But I did wake up this morning and the iod fuse was blown again even though i didn't drive my truck after rrdoingvthe terminals on my battarey cables. I only started it for a minute

Ol wo new update I changed the iod fuse this morning and while driving to work down a rough dirt road I hit a bump and it blew again this truck is driving me insane ?

• Owner

The lights are wire hot constantly so it possible you have a bare spot in a wire somewhere. I would be looking for the last hack job a previous owner might have done to the truck. So it will be the pink wire for sure. The other side goes to ground and just lights the light up for you. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Both batteries when running will read the same. Check each battery independent unhooked from the truck.

What's .019volts ?

There are capacitors and stuff those like mopar man know alot about. I just know that's turned off  lol

2 minutes ago, Evan said:

Both batteries when running will read the same. Check each battery independent unhooked from the truck.

What's .019volts ?

There are capacitors and stuff those like mopar man know alot about. I just know that's turned off  lol

He is testing for stray AC voltage from the alternator. Too much can cause issues.

51 minutes ago, Rigtruck92 said:

I put a volt meter on the teuck again with the proper meter and it was ranging between .019 and. 007

Thats a passing voltage. I have never seen that wide a spread on mine. I was around .03 on mine and @W-T's ground mod dropped me down to .01. Worth while to do.