• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trying to convert MAP sensor plug for edge

So I lucked out on a edge juice cts, but it came with the wrong map plug. My truck is the 01 and it has the plug for the 99. From what I've been able to find on the Internet is that there different voltages. One being 1.0 and the other being .5, I was wondering if I could just use a resistor to drop the voltage or if there's more to it than that. I'm assuming the map sensor output to the computer is millivolts? 

I would call Edge and see if the box can switch between the sub generation.   it is more complex than a resistor.  the entire map offset is different and no linear in any way shape or form. 

I would also buy adapters from them if possible.  As soon as you cut the harness it is effively worth nothing if you try and sell it.  

So after looking at the prints there both 5v supply, the wire orientation is different but I can fix that. Mopar man are you saying the edge module itself won't work? If worse comes to worse I can just leave enough pig tail on the round male connector to resplice it if it doesn't work. 

• Owner

Like @Me78569 said it the voltage values that are different. Pins are not the problem. Really common back in the day for people to buy a used Edge Comp or Edge Juice (early) and start cutting plugs off and attempting to wire in the early MAP plug. The voltage values are so bad that the tuner doesn't work like it was design because all the feedback data is incorrect. This is why I agree with @Me78569 and would rather see you buy the right series for your truck than hack the plugs into place. 

I guess I don't see the issue, edge told me the modules are identical for 98.5 through 02. The harness is the only thing different. Both sensors use 5v supply. as long as I use the 01 map on my 01 truck it should be happy? I just need to figure the wiring out. Thanks for the help

Edited by Thatguy

old edge units were 98-00 or 01/02 new ones you can choose.   I dont know what you have so thats on you to ensure you gave edge the right info.    If they say it iwll work then it should, but you will need to make pigtails on the edge harness.  I would recommend you gget the full harness from edge rather than messing with it.  

time = money

• Like 1

• Owner
2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

edge told me the modules are identical for 98.5 through 02. The harness is the only thing different.

Most likely using different pins out of the module. So the different harness most likely using a different pin for early and late series. 

Like Quadzilla has a jump that you change for either early or late.