• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Kioti DK65 project

Guest 04Mach1

Guest 04Mach1

Today's 4 hour project was to split a Kioti tractor in half to troubleshoot why the clutch wouldn't disengage. Clutch is shot. This tractor has a turbo charged 3 cylinder Perkins engine.

IMG_20180815_143252.jpg

IMG_20180815_143308.jpg

IMG_20180815_143312.jpg

Kind of looks like when I had to split my Kubota tlb, to replace the hydrotrans, not to hard of a job but I just did it in my garage with a floor jack and a couple of bottle jacks and a few jack stands and some big pry bars to get things moving,

Even Kubota only gave 6 hours or so for the R&R of the hydro unit, but if you got all the right tools and parts on hand I guess it could be done in that time frame, it took me a couple of months but that was time spent trying to repair the hydro, I ended up just replacing it with a used one. and still had to search all ends of the earth for one since Kubota did not stock it no more.

Guest 04Mach1
On 8/17/2018 at 8:53 AM, Dieselfuture said:

So why didn't it disengage, thought out bearing wore or fingers or just from being wore thin 

The clutch wouldn't disengage because 2 of the bolts that hold release fingers to the cover broke which is fixable but the disk is very thin and rivets are flush with the face of the lining. 

Now the issue we're having is the clutch disk measures 11.25”  and it's discontinued by manufacturers. Rebuild of the current clutch is $1800 through Drive Train Industries or $3500 to upgrade the clutch to 12.5” through manufacturer sourced parts.

The owner of the tractor is not happy with either option. I was in disbelief on the prices too so I've called numerous Kioti dealers across the country and got the same prices for parts.

My families old 1947 Ford 8N tractor parts are easy to find and easy on the wallet so I am still in aww at the cost of the clutch for this Kioti DK65 tractor with a 3 cylinder Perkins diesel engine.