• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lost speedo causing weird shift

Drive the truck all day today, came home parked it for a few hours put my new rims/tires on and then went and started it up and got half way down the road when I realized my speedo wasn’t working. This is also causing the truck to shift weird because it doesn’t know how fast it’s going. Anyone have any ideas as to what could go bad just from sitting for a few hours? Picked up a new axle speed sensor and will throw that in tomorrow for a Hail Mary. I’ve already checked the wires and everything looks good. Also throwing a p 1683 code speed circuit short. Could the sensor internally short and just took a crap?