• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello from 67Cuda

Hello,

I am new to this forum.  I have 2 Cummins, a Hemi Magnum, a CR-V, and a Town & Country, AND a 1967 Barracuda Convertible.  It is a work in progress right now, but hope to have it running soon.

I also have a 1991 Harley Springer with a sidecar and a Can-Am Spyder.

I am a 34 year veteran of the military that came out missing my right leg at the hip.  I still work on my MOPARS, but not as fast as before.

I have a 2002 3/4 ton Dodge Cummins, 218,000 miles, that has decided it doesn't want to run until I have gone about a mile.  I have let it idle for about an hour in neutral to warm up, no luck on the problem.  I have installed a FAS pump and filter set, no change, Installed a pickup straw and new lines, no change except now it runs out of fuel at about a 1/4 of tank so the straw is too short.  Has a new APPS, adjusted per the manual but still no change.  I have a new MAP sensor coming but am not hopeful with it.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If I don't get it fixed soon it will go up for sale, tired of fighting it.

Again, Hello to all.  I look forward to watching the forum.

Later,

Larry  "67 Cuda"

Welcome. Sorry to hear of your troubles. The best place to put this would be in the 2nd gen forum. It will get much more visibility. Have you ever checked for any trouble codes? They would help. Anything right now would be just guessing.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice. I have 3 grandsons in the Army at the moment.

Can't help with the trouble on your rig but thank you for your service and sacrifice.  It is not lost on me that sacrifice is every single day.  I was in for 2 years and saw some that suffered as you have, especially since I was a medic and took care of some.  I have often wondered how those fellas ended up.  A few we have had contact with and not all have done well.

http://www.ichiban1.org/images/photos/roth/index.htm

Association of the 1st Battalion (Mechanized) 50th Infantry for Vietnam Veterans welcomes you!

33 minutes ago, Russ Roth said:

Can't help with the trouble on your rig but thank you for your service and sacrifice.  It is not lost on me that sacrifice is every single day.  I was in for 2 years and saw some that suffered as you have, especially since I was a medic and took care of some.  I have often wondered how those fellas ended up.  A few we have had contact with and not all have done well.

http://www.ichiban1.org/images/photos/roth/index.htm

Association of the 1st Battalion (Mechanized) 50th Infantry for Vietnam Veterans welcomes you!

My older brother served as a medic in 69-70 in the central highlands, Pleiku and Kon Thum if I spelled those right. Any chance that is when you were there?

2 hours ago, dripley said:

My older brother served as a medic in 69-70 in the central highlands, Pleiku and Kon Thum if I spelled those right. Any chance that is when you were there?

I arrived incountry January 1,1968, returned home December 24, 1968.  Was pretty much straight east of that area in coastal Binh Dinh province.  Arrived at a line company about 2 weeks before Tet.  Wonderful introduction to combat and killing people for real.  Hope your brother survived OK with no PTSD or other wounds as I did.  Unfortunately Agent Orange is now taking it's toll.  Thank him for his service. 

My younger brother was there a bit later than even that but loves to point out he slept in a made bed every night.  I thought he was kidding and was likely just a cot.  But just a couple days ago I text to ask him and yeah he actually slept in a real bed with a mattress.  Not only that but I find out a couple months ago he had a hooch maid!  So likely she made his bed for him, plus washed clothes regular and he ate every day in a mess hall!!!!  I always tell him I'm glad you did, you may not have been as fortunate as I was.

• Like 1