• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello from AZ

2000Ram2500

My name is Kenny. Been following mopar1973man across several platforms/forums for about as long as I've owned this truck which has been since July of 2016. I'm no stranger to Dodge Cummins trucks but don't know everything. This is my first Cummins but growing up my dad had an 02 Laramie duallie an 06 megacab duallie and he now has a 2015 2500. We've done a fair amount of work and modifications to these trucks except for his new truck so like I said I'm no stranger to these trucks.

I also currently work at a dodge dealer and have been since February of 2012. So if anyone needs any factory direct information I may be able to help although they keep me pretty busy here which is good. Been Chrysler certified since 2013 but I let it lapses so technically I'm 3 years certified but really I'm 5. I've tried to "specialize" in these Cummins trucks I mainly have knowledge pertaining to 2nd gen trucks but know a little about 3rd gens as well. They dont have any diesel specific parts classes honestly the parts training is somewhat of a joke as far as technical knowledge is concerned but I think they keep us in the dark on purpose for whatever reason.

I'm glad to finally be a member of the official forum this is the only forum I'm subscribed to as far as Cummins goes. Again I've been following mopar1973man for a while now so I'm just glad to be here. I'll be more than willing to help and I need help with this truck as well so its a win win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, dripley said:

Thats the beauty of this place. Everyone is learning from someone all the time. Some, ahem, more than others. 

I think he's refering to me :shifty:, but thats okay I know he's right. I know how to call Mopar1973Man, drive him nuts, when I need help

Welcome to the best forum to have coffee with in the morning.

• Like 1

Welcome

My kid used to work at a 5 star place.  Years ago when my lift pump went out he wanted to know if I needed help.  Of course I said yes.  He never heard of fass or airdog.  After we installed mine he talked to dealership owner about fass and the guy didn't want to hear anything about them.  So dont be to surprized if something is mentioned on here and Dodge doesn't like it.  

Welcome again.  

10 hours ago, 015point9 said:

So dont be to surprized if something is mentioned on here and Dodge doesn't like it.  

Welcome again.  

Oh believe me dodge doesn't like most of the things we do to modify them or fix them. They want you to run the in tank fuel pump conversion for example but you can really only get a decent replacement from them for 400 bucks when you could get a decent frame mounted pump for the same price and you dont have to drop the tank when you need to replace it. The G56 in the 3rd/4th gens was built by Mercedes and Mercedes recommends there special oil (50w or something like that) and dodge says ATF+4. I would tend to believe the maker of the transmission personally... I could go on lol

• Staff

Glad to have you here, where people come to tell stranger than fiction stories about their trucks and other things.   It'll be nice to have another tech who can enrich us in the latest from Mopar and bounce ideas off of.   

12 hours ago, 2000Ram2500 said:

Oh believe me dodge doesn't like most of the things we do to modify them or fix them. They want you to run the in tank fuel pump conversion for example but you can really only get a decent replacement from them for 400 bucks when you could get a decent frame mounted pump for the same price and you dont have to drop the tank when you need to replace it.

I worked in dealerships for 24 years. If the dealership sells unauthorized aftermarket parts or modifies their products in a nonprescribed way corporate will put the hurt on the franchise from pulling cash bonuses, reducing car inventory allotment, to revoking the franchise, 

The auto manufacture only makes money when they sell their stuff. 

On 8/31/2018 at 8:08 PM, IBMobile said:

Glad to have you here, where people come to tell stranger than fiction stories about their trucks and other things.   It'll be nice to have another tech who can enrich us in the latest from Mopar and bounce ideas off of.   

I worked in dealerships for 24 years. If the dealership sells unauthorized aftermarket parts or modifies their products in a nonprescribed way corporate will put the hurt on the franchise from pulling cash bonuses, reducing car inventory allotment, to revoking the franchise, 

The auto manufacture only makes money when they sell their stuff. 

We do alot of aftermarket accessories here but we try not to do a whole lot of aftermarket parts for repairs unless we have to or get it authorized through chrysler first for warranty. Backorders are so bad we have no choice but to go aftermarket. Batteries take weeks to show up we cant keep a customer waiting 3 or 4 weeks to replace a battery. Right now theres a problem with the reverse gear in the 6 speeds in wranglers we cant even order the gear until July of next year due to a supply shortage. But when someone brings there 79 CJ in we dont really have a choice but to start calling around for aftermarket prices.

I see it says your in San Marcos I grew up in Valley Center and worked at Jack Powell in Escondido for 5 years. If you need parts from there you can ask for Nolan he's been there for about 4 or 5 years now but he'll help you out just tell him Kenneth sent you. Theyre the biggest wholesale dealer in the county so they have a ton in stock and can usually get parts same or next day if you ask them but if its coming from far away they'll probably wanna charge freight.

• Staff
1 hour ago, 2000Ram2500 said:

But when someone brings there 79 CJ in we dont really have a choice but to start calling around for aftermarket prices.

Manufactures are only required to supply parts for vehicles for 10 years; after that it's at their discretion what parts to supply.  They will then supply the fast moving, money making parts.  

I bought my truck at Jack Powell and have a wholesale parts account with them.  I'll make sure I ask for Nolan next time I'm in there.