• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

GDP Tuning EZGDPM EZ Lynk Monitor

Youngblood24v

Just came across this monitor while doing my normal internet searching. It looks to be a good unit and it set up for running the adrenaline module. It also has built in dash cam and gps maps! That a big upgrade over my android tablet. Anyone have any experience with this before I pull the trigger on it? 

F5669B31-00F8-4781-A60A-615963F33532.png

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Nope never seen it... Maybe @Quadzilla Power would know something about it? :shrug:

From what I’ve read they just released it not too long ago (2018). It looks like it would be a good unit. It’s everything I’d imagine quadzillas own unit would be like. The only thing I’d change would be a obd2 connection cord so you could check codes with it but I guess I’ll have to stick with the old fashion odometer and key trick. 

2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I doubt they are talking about the same adrenaline.  The communication between the box under the hood is very specific to the Quadzilla stuff.  

They are. I just watched a YouTube video of Power Drive Diesel using it to monitor their quadzilla v2 adrenaline 

The monitor is just an android tablet that has a kiosk app created that runs the normal Iquad app.    Then they wrap it in a fancy bezel.  

I would just wait for Quadzilla to release their new screen.

I can't believe they sent the kid home on a stock turbo...

I am also glad to hear the numbers between the default tune and the custom tune.  Sounds like he picked up 30hp by increasing timing to 30* vs the default max of 27*   I always wondered about that.

Edited by Me78569

16 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

The monitor is just an android tablet that has a kiosk app created that runs the normal Iquad app.    Then they wrap it in a fancy bezel.  

I would just wait for Quadzilla to release their new screen.

I am also glad to hear the numbers between the default tune and the custom tune.  Sounds like he picked up 30hp by increasing timing to 30* vs the default max of 27*   I always wondered about that.

Ya I kinda laughed at the stock turbo thing also. I don’t even want to know what his egts were. And the fact that they mentioned nothing about adding head studs.i can only imagine how long that HG will last knowing what that kids going to put it through ?.  It also really gives me a feel as to where my truck is hp wise as I’ve never dynoed it yet 

Edited by Youngblood24v

1 minute ago, SavageTusk said:

Good combo. The all in one tablet is a cool option, still lacks a built in look though. 

I wonder that the tunes look like that PDD put on?

they are prob the same ones we have hosted here :lmao:  

Really though guys it will function no differently than any other android device. It is just a Kiosk app, you can download one yourself if you like and setup the exact same thing.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SavageTusk said:

Good combo. The all in one tablet is a cool option, still lacks a built in look though. 

I wonder that the tunes look like that PDD put on?

Well they kinda stuck themselves with a knife when they switched to custom tuning vs their own tuning and gained 30hp ?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Me78569 said:

11 hours ago, Youngblood24v said:

Well they kinda stuck themselves with a knife when they switched to custom tuning vs their own tuning and gained 30hp ?

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Strange they said sac is better for cleaner burn than vco. 

And I can't believe they couldn't tune most of that smoke out, but I guess second set of injectors they put in might be too big to tune out with hx35

And this is part of why we don't like PDD.  Not to mention just throwing a VP on it and not making any more power.

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Strange they said sac is better for cleaner burn than vco. 

And I can't believe they couldn't tune most of that smoke out, but I guess second set of injectors they put in might be too big to tune out with hx35

they didn't bother to clean up the 7 x .012's just they threw fuel at it.   

25 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Well at least the guy got a free transmission and Quadzilla out of the deal, he'll be changing hg soon along with other things. 

I agree with the HG. I figured they would have just done turbo, injectors, lift pump and studs to get him to his earned hp rating. I’m still in awe that they didn’t give him just a simple set of arp 425’s but instead threw a $1500 vp at it ? Id be mainly excited about getting a new tranny and convertor 

Edited by Youngblood24v
  • Like 1

We did play with the GDP monitor thing, but we found what @Me78569 said is true. Its just an Android tablet with a cool back piece that has a swivel on the rear camera to turn it into a "dashcam". It took us about an hour to mess up the software. We can't get the GDP wrapper back because we did a "Reset to Factory Defaults" on the tablet. It kept the app, but deleted the GDP interface that was built on it. 

It can run the iQuad app which is freely downloadable from the Google Play Store. That part was cool. I also like the magnetic connection for the power.

I was disappointed that they didn't make more HP gains when adding the tuner, but at that point they were air limited. Custom tuning helped by changing the timing. They were really constrained by time to work on their custom tuning. With a few more hours to play with stuff they could have squeezed a bit more out of it and cleaned up the tune a lot. Throwing a turbo on it would have improved things greatly too.