• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Waited a long time for this

15 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Now the rest of your truck is going to be jealous and want a face lift.

Don't forget to put the felt isolators on.

From whom did you procure it?  

I thought it was pretty obvious my self, but my age still gets me too. Forgot about the gelt pads. Did not get any of those. Think i still have them on the old one. If not i can felt.

27 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Congrads... It will make you feel better driving down the road looking at a full dash bezel and not a broken one.

Mine was actually loosing small pieces driving down the road. I had silicone smeared over all the cracks on the backside holding it together. After a year or so of that if touched it a piece would fall off. It will be nice not looking at the duct tape holding it on any more.

I think it might go faster now. 20 hp out of the pedal pads and maybe 10 more now.

Whooo who!!!!

Edited by dripley

Congrats, I just put a toggle switch for my ac on/off in one of previous holes right next to vent switch knob and mine is about ready to fall apart. Now if I got a new one I'm not sure where to put my toggle switch for ac :think: maybe on top of the dash it reinforced with resin and mash :whistle:

33 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Congrats, I just put a toggle switch for my ac on/off in one of previous holes right next to vent switch knob and mine is about ready to fall apart. Now if I got a new one I'm not sure where to put my toggle switch for ac :think: maybe on top of the dash it reinforced with resin and mash :whistle:

When I added my tranny temp gauge I got a 3 gauge mount for the dash. Sits right in the center against the windshield. I ran the wires to all of them around the dash and along the bottom of the windshield. The dash pad was new and I could not bring myself to drill a hole in it until I knew for sure I would like the gauges there. That was some years ago and I like the location. Still cant bring myself to drill a hole in dash pad though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

Nice! Was the fitment good? I need one too, but doubt the oem is any better now than it was in '01. 

It fit good. Snapped right in. The only thing is if you look where it meets the dash pad just above the HVAC control the reveal is slightly larger. Dont know whether it is the pad or bezel, one is slightly off. Me, I dont care, I love it.

Told yall it would make faster. 120 in the driveway aint bad.

I could not put the new in with out cleaning the rest of it. Blows my mind how much dirt can get in the speedo.

It went to 0 when started the truck.

Edited by dripley

On 9/3/2018 at 5:40 PM, dripley said:

Sure looks better on the truck than on the box.

Had to use the zip tie until I got to the store for better screws for the column trim. 

Wow, you couldn't find a black zip tie?   haha!!

what gauge pod is that, on the dash?  I like it.

Edited by Rogan

19 minutes ago, Rogan said:

Wow, you couldn't find a black zip tie?   haha!!

what gauge pod is that, on the dash?  I like it.

I went back in my shop and thats the first zip ties I saw, three yellow and one pink, both flourescent. Never even saw them riding to the hardware store. All i could see wash a dash bezel that fit everything it was supposed to.

Got the gauge pod from Vulcan with a 3 gauge package. I already had the a pillar pods so thought i would try something different. I like the location and the gauges are easy to read.

1 hour ago, tonyjsan said:

Nice!!! I've been looking for a vendor to purchase replacement bezel and the dash pad, Thanks for the share, now I can get the bezel and new radio, my bezel is so worn out, I know it will fall to pieces soon as I try to pull it off.

My dash pad came from LMC also, replaced it about 5 years ago. Good fit and looks also. It is a bit more involved to replace. I would also recomend while you have the dash out to pull your HVAC box and replace the heater core and evaporator. Clean it all up and replace the foam gaskets. All that might seem like alot work but it is well worth it.

• Like 3