• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Old article on 275rv injectors.. still ok?

Are 275 TV injectors still ok for slight up grade or did something better come around?  Towing ability?  Found real old write up but can't link to work.  

i went a step above the 275's and got 60HP injectors, they give you a real 275HP, over the 40 or so you see with the RV 275's. as for install and removal of injectors see my write up guide herehttp://articles.mopar1973man.com/2nd-generation-24v-dodge-cummins/25-fuel-system/255-24v-injector-install-video it includes videos and everything.  

• Owner

RV275 injectors are basically a +40HP injector which was stock injector size for the ISB Cummins powered RV's. It's a minor upgrade doesn't require much for supporting mods. This would be one of those nice cheap upgrade mods that you wouldn't have to worry much about. 

Most of us have moved up to +75HP to +125HP because of better fuel and timing management given by the Quadzilla Adrenaline tuner. You can build a fuel map rather quickly and be able to run larger sized injectors without many issues. There are supporting mods required for larger injectors and tuners basically taking care of the weak links like fuel system, transmission, clutch, etc.

• Thanks 1

For the person who a little more power economically you can't beat them. Pair it with an edge ez or something comparable and it's a god mix. The rv's and a simple tuner is relatively cheap plus you should a little mileage bump. 

When Banks 75hp tuner died I drove and towed my 15k 5th wheel on the rv's alone. It all depends on how power you will be happy with.

I put 50's in mine a little bit but they are smokey. Good bit more than the RV's with the comp. I like the power but now I think I need a Quad. It never ends.

• Like 1

• Owner

Back in the day everything was a canned tune. Edge Comp was the best bang for the buck without all the Edge Juice toys. Color touch screen, same canned tunes, and few extra defueling toys added. Then Once DAP bought Quadzilla and Spencer got it going the whole crowd jumped ship because final no longer stuck to canned tunes. Now you could upgrade to bigger injectors and have a smoke free truck without much effort. 

Iv got close to 350$ saved towards a tuner! All proceeds are from side jobs that I have. Like today I laid a rock path for someone for a couple hrs and put some

more cash towards that Qaudzilla. 

I would like to be doing mechanic side work but it’s not happening I have no way to bring customers in besides family and friends and that’s not enough to keep me going. 

1 hour ago, dripley said:

Had around 240k on the oe injectors when I put the my RV's in. Put about 10k on them before the 50's. Still tempted to have them rebuilt and put them back in.

I'm tempted to do the same with my OEM sticks. The 75s are very smoky and laggy and yes I know I just need to get a Qaudzilla but the likelihood of that is slim as I'm trying to build tool inventory and do cosmetic work on the truck. My truck ran just fine with the stock injectors with 125k on them. I had big plans for more power but decided to keep it moderate. 

I've been running the EZ / RV275 combo for years and I love it.  No excessive smoking, EGT's are easy to keep in check, and I can tow anything I have in the summer heat up some looooong grades.  Plus they're the only "brand new" injector you can buy besides stock.  Everything else is rebuilt and you have to be sure not to get garbage rebuilds.  Most people arent willing to pay for quality either so...

Edited by KATOOM
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, dripley said:

Yeah, I held off on the Comp till I could afford one. I buy it and less than a year later out comes the Quad. And then all you yahoo's jumped ship. What's a man to do?

Put it for sale, there's still a lot of people like Edge for the ease of using. And then by yourself a quad. I wouldn't be running my setup right now if it wasn't for the quad.

Guest 04Mach1
16 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Iv got close to 350$ saved towards a tuner! All proceeds are from side jobs that I have. Like today I laid a rock path for someone for a couple hrs and put some

more cash towards that Qaudzilla. 

I would like to be doing mechanic side work but it’s not happening I have no way to bring customers in besides family and friends and that’s not enough to keep me going. 

I'm sure it was covered in another thread but I've always had luck advertising on Craigslist and Facebook. Sometimes I had too much side work when still working a full time job when I advertised on those 2.